14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
nella888 says

Hi to everybody on this forum.

I’m absolutely new to Themeforest and I’m about to put together my very first web template for this marketplace. I’ve gone through all the available author-related online material, but I’d like to confront what I’ve gathered from it as regards what’s to be included in the final upload with more experienced designers/developers here on the forum.

I have the following queries:

1. As I understand, I have to prepare 3 zip folders: one is the template’s package that includes all the relevant template files and documentation; one is the preview images folder; and another one contains the preview files to view the working template. My question is: do I have to send the preview folder to themeforest as well or I only upload the preview folder on my host?

2. I have photos that I’d only like to use in my preview. I’ve put placeholder graphics in the template. Do I need to include these photos in the final upload to themeforest or it’s ok to simply keep the placeholder graphics?

I understand that these questions might seem naive from where most of you are standing, but for me it’s the very first time and it’d be of great help if someone could give confirmation on the above points.

Thank you in advance for your help.

521 posts Dream big
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

Hi, welcome :). Put files for preview (working theme) on your server and put a link in the field “demo url” when uploading. If you have extended licence for the images, then include them in main files (for download). If not, put a placeholder. But state in the item description that images are not included in the main files. Good luck :)

14 posts
nella888 says

Hi, welcome :). Put files for preview (working theme) on your server and put a link in the field “demo url” when uploading. If you have extended licence for the images, then include them in main files (for download). If not, put a placeholder. But state in the item description that images are not included in the main files. Good luck :)
Thank you so much pixel: short and clear!
521 posts Dream big
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

No problem :). Glad to help!

14 posts
nella888 says

I uploaded my very first file on Monday 13th May, and as soon as I did so and received a confirmation message. Also in my dashboard there was a note about my item being in the queue or something like that. However, after a number of hours the note disappeared and there hasn’t been any trace of ever having uploaded a file on TF.

The last few days I’ve been going through the forum reading about rejected items and have already been preparing for my first rejection, e.g., looking for errors, areas for improvement, etc. However, after more than 10 days without hearing anything from the reviewer and without any record of my upload in my dashboard, I was wondering if my file has been received at all.

What do you think, is it just routine or do I need to be concerned and ask if the file has been uploaded successfully?
470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Hello, since I do not see any item for sale on your profile likely it was disapproved for sale. If you did not get notification to your email inbox, try to look into your spam folder, probably the message from ThemeForest is there.

14 posts
nella888 says

Thank you so much, it’s been sitting in the spam folder for the last 10 days: what a waste of time.

470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Thank you so much, it’s been sitting in the spam folder for the last 10 days: what a waste of time.

Not thank at all, and even it is a rejection, do not get upset, it is not the end of times. Also, if you will need help or some advice, you can write me (if you will wish of course).

14 posts
nella888 says

Not thank at all, and even it is a rejection, do not get upset, it is not the end of times. Also, if you will need help or some advice, you can write me (if you will wish of course).

That’s so generous of you, thanks. I’d have been very surprised indeed if my item had been accepted on the first attempt, given the quality and strictness of this market place. I’ve already started making some changes and when I’m done I’ll be glad to take advantage of your expertise and unbiased perspective to make it better. Thank you again.

by
by
by
by
by
by