• Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Hi, guys 2 weeks ago two of my files were blocked with a DMCA notice. From the beginning I knew that they will be reinstated because the case was clear and I didn’t violate any copyrights. The worst part was that those products were my top sellers (one of them was new) so the impact it had on my sales was massive. On top of that all of my earnings where frozen so I didn’t even get my withdrawal for May…

I know Envato is doing the right thing, this is what should happened when someone violates copyrights, but what about some fake DMCA notice, I personally could send a notice against some top author work just do decrease his sales (I wont do this believe me). So I think there should be some way to compensate the lost sales to the authors, if the item is not taken down permanently or didn’t violate any license terms what about putting it back on a front page?

I am just throwing an idea I know my case is already lost, I hope my products will get back on track but this may happened to anyone.

Of course you could sue the guy who have send the DMCA notice in the first place but as we all know this take time and money.

P.S Today everything is back to normal, my products are back and also my money. I hope they will pick up some sales.

386 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WPExplorer says

Glad you got it all sorted out! And good luck with sales ;)

70 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
TitanicThemes says

I`m in your situation to.. one of my products was removed yesterday.. due to some minor issues that even crossed my mind… wheel they crossed but they were so minor they doesn`t deserve the 2 days on branch..

Now for example if i search MPC `s work & find a minor mistake and report a DMCA notice than what than is banned because it is hes second infringement ? IS NOT FAIR !

I think a proper think to do is that envato give you a notice and a time frame to make the changes before disable your items.

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

I`m in your situation to.. one of my products was removed yesterday.. due to some minor issues that even crossed my mind… wheel they crossed but they were so minor they doesn`t deserve the 2 days on branch..

Now for example if i search MPC `s work & find a minor mistake and report a DMCA notice than what than is banned because it is hes second infringement ? IS NOT FAIR !

I think a proper think to do is that envato give you a notice and a time frame to make the changes before disable your items.

Yeah but this is something different, I haven’t changed anything in my items to get them reinstated.

405 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
gljivec says

So it took 2 weeks before the notice was cleared and the files were once more available for sale? Was it connected with assets (images) or something else? Anyway good to hear everything is back on track and wish you a lot of sales in the next days to compensate a bit :D, have been following your work since the ancient times when Activeden was still selling good :)

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

So it took 2 weeks before the notice was cleared and the files were once more available for sale? Was it connected with assets (images) or something else? Anyway good to hear everything is back on track and wish you a lot of sales in the next days to compensate a bit :D, have been following your work since the ancient times when Activeden was still selling good :)

No, it was not asset issue. Envato always waits 10-14 business days to solve a DMCA .

P.S Thanks for following my work ;)

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

so that elite badge means nothing?

In your place I would had asked envato to remove the elite badge. Also they should remove the MOD status, and the other badges that show your respectability in envato eyes, like the featured badge or the interview.

Because it appears they have no value for envato.

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

so that elite badge means nothing?

In your place I would had asked envato to remove the elite badge. Also they should remove the MOD status, and the other badges that show your respectability in envato eyes, like the featured badge or the interview.

Because it appears they have no value for envato.

I have nothing against Envato in this case but it would be nice if they helped users like me to get back on track.

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

I have nothing against Envato in this case but it would be nice if they helped users like me to get back on track.

I don’t know all the details of this problem, but from what you said, will really make me angry if envato will start blocking my account and disable items just because they received some claim and they need time to verify that claim. I understand if the author is new and just uploaded an item. Then, the probabilities that the new author had committed copyright infringement are pretty high, so you can disable and then verify, but with an ELITE author this behavior is absolutely stupid and insulting.

I’m very sad you decided that this is not a big deal yet you made a thread forum informing us about all this issue. This thread just come up like:

“look what crap envato did to me but they are still awesome.” :(

Is not awesome

When you receive a copyright infringement note, you VERIFY the claim AND THEN you disable, delete, ban an author if true.

2177 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

No, this thread is like “look what crap can people do to you if they are jealous of your income” :)

by
by
by
by
by
by