• Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

This time I totally agree with Doru – this all badges we have seems to mean nothing.

Anyway, it’s good this thing is cleared. Powodzenia Kuba ;)

7279 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

No, this thread is like “look what crap can people do to you if they are jealous of your income” :)

no is not and let me explain why.

let’s say me and you start a business together, we share the same office and we make money for more than 3 years with no problem.

but one day some random dude enters the office and say to me how a bad, bad person you are and how you stole his duck. So what what should I do at this point?

Variant A – Scumbag me:

Throw you out from the office and then take my time to verify if the duck of the random dude is around. Then, when I’m sure is not I let you back to the office. No hard feelings, friends like before.

Variant B – Normal person:

Look around for the duck, no duck, kick out the random dude from our office.

2181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

No, this thread is like “look what crap can people do to you if they are jealous of your income” :)

let’s say me and you start a business together, we share the same office and we make money for more than 3 years with no problem.

but one day some random dude enters the office and say to me how a bad, bad person you are and how you stole his duck. So what what should I do at this point?

Variant A – Scumbag me:

Throw you out from the office and then take my time to verify if the duck of the random dude is around. Then, when I’m sure is not I let you back to the office. No hard feelings, friends like before.

I see your point, I wonder why so few people took part in the discussion…

89 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Won a Competition
+1 more
DOTonPAPER says

Variant A – Scumbag me:

I see your point, I wonder why so few people took part in the discussion…

First I did a little research and I found this http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/115/64/a-dmca-takedown-notice-has-been-issued-against-my-item

My question is if Envato immediately takes the item down or it does some basic research before?

Is there in the DMCA something that forces you to take the item down without questions?

3009 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+11 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

@mpc do you get a copy of the DMCA ? Shoot an invoice for lost sales to the DMCA initiator lol. I thought there were some serious problems you could get into by issuing an incorrect DMCA notice.

5454 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

@doru that has to be the worst analogy ever.

No disrespect but ..

With regard to DMCA . and @MPC so you know who filed the complaint ? Weird if you do .. but if you dont , then perhaps that person had a genuine grivance or concern.

I am not defending such things, but Envato cannot step in and police the matter.

Surely, the item MUST be taken down for general purchase and circulation pending an enquiry, irrespective of the effect it has on you financially. Thats the way it works. For the very same reasons, that say AUTHOR B ) releases a virtual copy of an item you made, and you complained to Envato.. you wouldnt want a hasty decision made that could affect you too.

I think a week or two is very quick to come to a decision, in this case positive for you. But in many instances I reckon had you not been a MOD , and a prevelant author, you may well be looking at considerably longer, and you have come out of it relatively unscathed. ALbeit a few sheckles down!

Least you have your integrity intact.

2181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

First I did a little research and I found this http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/115/64/a-dmca-takedown-notice-has-been-issued-against-my-item

My question is if Envato immediately takes the item down or it does some basic research before?

Is there in the DMCA something that forces you to take the item down without questions?

The item is immediately taken down.

2181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

@mpc do you get a copy of the DMCA ? Shoot an invoice for lost sales to the DMCA initiator lol. I thought there were some serious problems you could get into by issuing an incorrect DMCA notice.

All I can do is sue him, but he is from South America so it wont be easy…

2181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

double post.

2181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Won a Competition
+10 more

@doru that has to be the worst analogy ever.

No disrespect but ..

With regard to DMCA . and @MPC so you know who filed the complaint ? Weird if you do .. but if you dont , then perhaps that person had a genuine grivance or concern.

I am not defending such things, but Envato cannot step in and police the matter.

Surely, the item MUST be taken down for general purchase and circulation pending an enquiry, irrespective of the effect it has on you financially. Thats the way it works. For the very same reasons, that say AUTHOR B ) releases a virtual copy of an item you made, and you complained to Envato.. you wouldnt want a hasty decision made that could affect you too.

I think a week or two is very quick to come to a decision, in this case positive for you. But in many instances I reckon had you not been a MOD , and a prevelant author, you may well be looking at considerably longer, and you have come out of it relatively unscathed. ALbeit a few sheckles down!

Least you have your integrity intact.

Yeap thats true, founds could be frozen for up to 3 months mine were frozen for 2 weeks.

by
by
by
by
by
by