643 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
uniquefx
says

I don’t know if this topic has been discussed but how about adding a option for authors to release free files? Sure there is the monthly free file,but let’s say every author would have the option to have one file in their porfolio – free of charge.This would definitely attract more customers to marketplaces and also the free file could be a good demonstration of the authors work flow,project structure etc etc.

Good.Bad?

190 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 3
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
Wlado
says

This is good idea… 1+ ;)

4151 posts After Effects Templates
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Elite Author
+13 more
miseld
says
I don’t know if this topic has been discussed but how about adding a option for authors to release free files? Sure there is the monthly free file,but let’s say every author would have the option to have one file in their porfolio – free of charge.This would definitely attract more customers to marketplaces and also the free file could be a good demonstration of the authors work flow,project structure etc etc. Good.Bad?

I don’t agree with this, just think about that there is near 600 authors :) that mean about 600 files for free…

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

training people to get free stuff is bad. train customers to SPEND money… best opportunity that’s untapped is product bundles at a discount here… once a month freebie file is more than enough free stuff… train your customers to buy early and often… not to wait for free stuff or you get a bunch of moocher customers waiting for free stuff… not good business…

time limited discounts are good though, as in “envato VH save 15% off all projects bought between now and Oct 31st halloween sale (except newly-released projects from the last couple of weeks)... sales work, with deadlines… free doesn’t work

643 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
uniquefx
says

Good points graphic,moochers could definitely be a problem and too many free files would kill the action on bundles and discounts.

113 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 9
+12 more
d3luxxxe
says

@ miseld, Ken

+1 , absolutely agree with both of you guys.

But I still think that the option for authors to make bundle is great, I laid out some ideas regarding bundles but it had few responds if you are interested please take a look here:

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/again-a-proposal-the-bundle-pack/33192

All the best.

5327 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
+13 more
felt_tips
says

If anyone wants bespoke projects doing, give me a ring. I’ll work for free for the rest of my life.

I have loads of experience and none of it is worth anything…

so come and get it….I’m completely free.

Nah… Bad idea. :)

1395 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 6
  • Community Superstar
  • Super Copyright Ninja
graphic4444
says

lol felt, thanks for the chuckle +1

4151 posts After Effects Templates
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Elite Author
+13 more
miseld
says
If anyone wants bespoke projects doing, give me a ring. I’ll work for free for the rest of my life.

I have loads of experience and none of it is worth anything…

so come and get it….I’m completely free.

:)

1002 posts
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Envato Team
+10 more
BF_Motion
Envato team
says

yeah -1 for me. Everything is practically given away at these prices anyway.

by
by
by
by
by
by