2758 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

As the AudioJungle library continues to grow, we want to be sure we maintain high quality audio for all our customers and avoid any excessive duplication of similar content. One way we hope to achieve this is to limit, where necessary, any oversaturation of any one particular category. We have therefore compiled and published a list of Files We Do and Don’t Need that all authors should be aware of:

http://wiki.envato.com/basics/audiojungle-files-we-do-and-dont-need/

Be sure to note the Files We Do Not Need column as we will not be accepting files shown in that section. We may make changes and refine this list as time goes on, but for now, this is the list we are starting out with. If we do make any changes, this thread will act as the official notification thread if/when we make changes to either list. Changes take place with immediate effect.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Catch22Music says

Hey Scott, thanks for this, very useful to know.

What would be helpful for us composers, is to be able to see some sort of report where Audio Jungle lacks content or only has a very little amount in?

i.e. It would help us (and you) if we could see what genres need more tracks in, this way we can work on strengthening the AJ library as a whole!

Hope all is well

1145 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says
What would be helpful for us composers, is to be able to see some sort of report where Audio Jungle lacks content or only has a very little amount in? i.e. It would help us (and you) if we could see what genres need more tracks in, this way we can work on strengthening the AJ library as a whole!

Hello Scott

Like you said, as the library grows, it makes sense to limit the files that are allready there in different variations.

@Catch22Music : Your idea is good, but probably if a genre lacks of content, it could also be, that there is not enough demand / requests for such audiofiles. Maybe it would help more to see which files / genres have been searched for ( without or with very little results ) by customers.

Anyway, i guess if you create good stuff, it will be sold sooner or later :)

2758 posts
+17 more
Hey Scott, thanks for this, very useful to know.

What would be helpful for us composers, is to be able to see some sort of report where Audio Jungle lacks content or only has a very little amount in?

While I can’t share actual figures/reports, you can go to our categories page and look around yourself to see how many items are in each category. Click on a category and then see how many results there are. That said, I agree with what SonicCube mentioned – it’s not so much about filling categories with very few items already in there, it’s more about supply and demand – what customers need/want.

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

good initiative, I’m familiar with it from AD… AJ is definetely in need of R&B tracks & loops, but I guess I know why…

reviewers have a different point of view, or better “a different opinion about music”... as example long time ago I downloaded once a track and put it on the R&B category, but the reviewer changed it to “Corporate”, more than once… don’t understand me wrong, I respect the reviewers and their opinion, maybe I’m just wrong…. but the R&B category has a little over 100 files, that’s not really much

gotta have to try uploading music more and more, until I get accepted in the R&B category :D

2758 posts
+17 more

Our review team do a fantastic job of classifying and categorizing music. It’s not always an easy task however when it could be classified by any number of genres so the reviewer has to make a final call/decision at the end of the day. But if anyone would like a second opinion on how your file has been classified, especially if you feel it’s in the completely wrong category, please write to support@envato.com and we’ll take a look. Please be sure to send it through support and not post it in the forums, many thanks! :)

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says
please write to support@envato.com and we’ll take a look. Please be sure to send it through support and not post it in the forums, many thanks! :)

sure, I thank you! :)

496 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
JType says

Thanks a lot for this Scott. Very helpful and useful info!

Cheers! :)

688 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
robGD says

I think the fart category is a bit lacking. Only 2 entries! I’m on it. ;)

332 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says
I think the fart category is a bit lacking. Only 2 entries! I’m on it. ;)

Haha….oh man. I actually laughed at that :P

by
by
by
by
by
by