451 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

As far as I know, 8 BIT music is in a list of files AJ don’t want. But I can’t understand why. A know that peaple are still making games or other projects in retro style and they need 8bit music. And of course AJ has great authors who can create it. I love to make 8bit music and I want to improve my skills, but I don’t really want to upload 8bit tracks to other stock site.

And as I see AJ accepts some 8bit files. http://audiojungle.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&order_by=date&term=8bit

So maybe it is time to unban 8bit music or someone can tell me why it’s banned?

115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blindholm says

I’ve been wondering that too, especially since those arcade game/8-bit songs sell really well on all other stock sites. There are MANY game developers out there who want to buy that kind of music.

966 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Is there some misunderstanding? the link that you linked actually has 16 bit tracks and they just sound like 8 bits so you can make those tracks in 16 bits just make em sound like 8 bit. It is almost like doing a track in 24 and compressing to 16 not the same but you know what i mean xD

451 posts
+3 more
Depard says

I thought that they AJ don’t need 8bit sounding tracks.

966 posts
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Do they not need 8bit sounding tracks or 8bit quality tracks? :) cuz as i said all those tracks on the link above they are 16bit tracks with the “retro 8bit” sound :S

451 posts
+3 more
Depard says

One of my track was soft rejected only because it had 8bit sounding parts and title “Arcade Memories” . It was 8bit+rock mix, but reviewer asked me to remove 8bit sounding parts and change items name and description. So I gues we can’t upload 8bit quality tracks and 8bit sounding tracks to.

But I can’t understand why.

966 posts
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

well than i cant understand it either my friend or maybe they have some favorites like the teachers in school :) some kids get away with shit some don’t which is not fair. If they already have 8 bit sounding tracks on their page imo you should be able to upload them too. :(

232 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
DenisTorman says

I do this not surprised. AudioJungle not the first time contradict themselves. I had a similar intsedent. As we know from the rules can not be used in the tags name brands, try to type in a search engine, “apple”, “Ipad” and so on. So do not be surprised by this. Smer need it.

293 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

Just like any of the do/don’t need guidelines, I think AJ makes exceptions for quality tracks no matter what’s on the list. I had an 8-bit inspired track approved back in November (interestingly also with “Arcade” in the title), so that’s either true or I somehow slipped by…

I think a lot of strictly 8-bit style tracks are too simplistic or basic for AJ quality standards, but a well produced track in that genre should be able to be approved for sale I should think. @Depard it sounds like your track was more in depth and well thought out, I’d be curious to hear what they rejected if you want to post a link? Or maybe it’s just our new reviewer playing it safe?

2182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Or maybe it’s just our new reviewer playing it safe?

That was my initial thought as well.

by
by
by
by
by
by