806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

Fellows, check out Files we don’t need. AJ was accepting 8 bit music once, but due to “either oversaturation of these type of files in our library or because of a lack of demand, we are not currently accepting these files, unless a unique approach is taken or the quality of your file is outstanding.” That explains why you still can find 8 bits music on AJ.

443 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Latvia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Depard says

Just like any of the do/don’t need guidelines, I think AJ makes exceptions for quality tracks no matter what’s on the list. I had an 8-bit inspired track approved back in November (interestingly also with “Arcade” in the title), so that’s either true or I somehow slipped by… I think a lot of strictly 8-bit style tracks are too simplistic or basic for AJ quality standards, but a well produced track in that genre should be able to be approved for sale I should think. @Depard it sounds like your track was more in depth and well thought out, I’d be curious to hear what they rejected if you want to post a link? Or maybe it’s just our new reviewer playing it safe?

AJ makes exeptions, but now I am talking about this situation only to understand why 8bit music is banned and track can be accepted only as an exception.

And here is my track which was soft rejected: http://audiojungle.net/item/just-my-race/2434119

You can still hear some kind of 8bit sounds, but after soft reject I needed to make them more “modern”. Before reject sound was more “retro”. I am not saying that track with more modern synths sounds bad, but all my idea was lost.

443 posts
  • Latvia
Depard says

Fellows, check out Files we don’t need. AJ was accepting 8 bit music once, but due to “either oversaturation of these type of files in our library or because of a lack of demand, we are not currently accepting these files, unless a unique approach is taken or the quality of your file is outstanding.” That explains why you still can find 8 bits music on AJ.
http://audiojungle.net/item/8-bit-symphony-2/3790065?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=RareSoundProduction

But this track was approved few weeks ago:) When I found this track I thought that 8bit music now is unbanned, but I want to make it clear:)

290 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

http://audiojungle.net/item/8-bit-symphony-2/3790065?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=RareSoundProduction But this track was approved few weeks ago:) When I found this track I thought that 8bit music now is unbanned, but I want to make it clear:)

So since your track “Just My Race” was posted back in July it couldn’t be the new reviewer… Perhaps just a difference of opinion. I think you can check who reviewed it in the “History” tab on your item page.

I can certainly hear the 8-bit influence on the track, but it also works very well as a rock piece. Have you thought of including the fully retro track as an alternate version along with the item? If it doesn’t pass review on its own, it could still be desirable to customers as a bonus track.

443 posts
  • Latvia
Depard says

http://audiojungle.net/item/8-bit-symphony-2/3790065?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=RareSoundProduction But this track was approved few weeks ago:) When I found this track I thought that 8bit music now is unbanned, but I want to make it clear:)

So since your track “Just My Race” was posted back in July it couldn’t be the new reviewer… Perhaps just a difference of opinion. I think you can check who reviewed it in the “History” tab on your item page.

I can certainly hear the 8-bit influence on the track, but it also works very well as a rock piece. Have you thought of including the fully retro track as an alternate version along with the item? If it doesn’t pass review on its own, it could still be desirable to customers as a bonus track.

Including alternative version is great idea, but when it comes to only 8bit track it’s impossible. :D Maybe I just have such strange mood and I want to create few 8bit tracks:D I must know that they can be approved:)

290 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

Maybe I just have such strange mood and I want to create few 8bit tracks:D I must know that they can be approved:)

I say go for it! Worst case scenario if you ultimately can’t get it approved here and don’t want to sell elsewhere, you can give it away (i.e. on SoundCloud) as a freebie to generate more buzz for your existing royalty-free portfolio.

507 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
JonBuice says

I’d love to see more 8bit music on AJ! It’s so nostalgic, plus I just downloaded chipsounds and reaaaally wanna try making it. It would be nice if AJ let us “try our luck” with sales

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

http://audiojungle.net/item/8-bit-symphony-2/3790065
But this track was approved few weeks ago…

So, apparently “a unique approach was taken or the quality of the file was outstanding.”

443 posts
  • Latvia
Depard says

I’d love to see more 8bit music on AJ! It’s so nostalgic, plus I just downloaded chipsounds and reaaaally wanna try making it. It would be nice if AJ let us “try our luck” with sales

Let’s try to upload our 8bit tracks and let’s see what will happen:)

by
by
by
by
by
by