• Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

What is the actual battery life? (I’m talking about generally heavy PHONE usage (few hours a day), and up to 1-2 h internet browsing via wifi/gprs) because I’m seriously considering buying this.
for what me is told, its the same as the iphone

Awesome, thanks for answering the question. I’ll be right back, after I buy an iphone and play with it for a few days, I suspect I’ll know how much the desire will last. hahah :D No really, I’d love to hear a real estimate, rather than a comparison as I’m currently on a windows 6.1 phone that lasts about 4 days on the given workload… (Toshiba G810 ) Thank you :)

292 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Ezza says

What is the actual battery life? (I’m talking about generally heavy PHONE usage (few hours a day), and up to 1-2 h internet browsing via wifi/gprs) because I’m seriously considering buying this.

I took my Desire HD off the charger at 6pm, and by 10:30 the phone turned itself off, completely dead. This was despite having the display brightness turned almost all the way down . I made a few short phone calls and looked at my email for a bit, but for the most part I wasn’t using it. I’m (fairly) sure it will get better because that’s just ridiculous, but from my experience and what I’ve heard from others it’s definitely not as good as the iPhone.

I wouldn’t describe this as a deal breaker, but if battery life is a big concern for you and you don’t want to carry an external battery or second battery I’d think twice. Or buy a Desire. It has a smaller screen and bigger battery :-)

2500 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

Thank you Ezza.

Well, frankly, I can’t stand my current screen size (2.8’‘) but I’d expect to get at least 12 hours of FULL -load battery-life for about 500Euros.

Oh what to do what to do! :D Ah, and iphone just isn’t my style, sorry :)

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Westley says

I’m a Blackberry Curve 8900 (Javelin) to HTC Desire HD user here. Just got my new toy a couple of days ago and is loving the 2Ss- the 4.3” Screen and fast processor Speed.

On the down side is the battery life which is down to 20% (left 2 orange bars now from 10 green bars in Setting>About Phone>Battery) despite not making a single call today (I’ve not put my SIM card in it yet because my blackberry plan needs 4 days to cancel and changed to data surf plan).

Any advise if having a Task Killer will help in battery life or it would suck up more battery doing it’s work to kill the apps running in the background? Thanks in advance.

2322 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Any advise if having a Task Killer will help in battery life or it would suck up more battery doing it’s work to kill the apps running in the background? Thanks in advance.

Yes it can…..

I have a widlfire and i must say, the battery life on this one is pretty long, i have to recharge it once every 3 or 4 days, the phone before this one(tmobile pulse) has to be recharged everyday(also a bigscreen phone).

Smartphone’s are very useful tools, but most of them still have a short battery life…...

848 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Lebanon
  • Exclusive Author
MoeHaydar says

I’m a Blackberry Curve 8900 (Javelin) to HTC Desire HD user here. Just got my new toy a couple of days ago and is loving the 2Ss- the 4.3” Screen and fast processor Speed.

On the down side is the battery life which is down to 20% (left 2 orange bars now from 10 green bars in Setting>About Phone>Battery) despite not making a single call today (I’ve not put my SIM card in it yet because my blackberry plan needs 4 days to cancel and changed to data surf plan).

I also switched from BB curve 8900 to an htc desire HD.
first week i had some major battery issues, however now i can go all day without a problem.

17 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+2 more
MichaelJW Staff says

Google says that task killers are unnecessary on Android. More info here.

2322 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Google says that task killers are unnecessary on Android. More info here.

Thanks

I dont use a taskkiller, dont need them, but nice info.

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Westley says

Thanks for the replies and advise on having task killer on my Android phone. My HTC Desire HD’s battery life for now is still undesirable. After going through the specification, I noticed that Desire Z’s battery capacity is 1300mAh compared to Desire HD’s 1230mAh despite having a larger screen size and RAM /ROM. With a larger screen size and without a keyboard, Desire HD ought to have space for a larger battery capacity (density/volume).

Nevertheless, the transfer of contacts, SMS , calendar (both on my Blackberry’s and Google) is a breeze via bluetooth pairing of my outgoing Blackberry and incoming Desire HD. In addition, having this Android phone is like getting a GPS for me as well because the maps are already downloaded and does not need internet connection to use it. Overall, 4 stars for me while praying that the Li-ion battery wakes up after several cycles of charging-discharging like what SimplyDo experienced.

292 posts
  • Australia
Ezza says

The battery life gets better as you get used to the phone too. The power control widget is really handy for turning off power hungry features when you’re not using them.

by
by
by
by
by
by