• Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Hey guys,

I’m looking for either an application or a spreadsheet where I can list my income and withdrawals/expenses etc under categories and it gives me a monthly balance, profits etc…

I’ve looked at MoneyDashboard (a webservice) which links straight to your bank account here in the UK but it’s not quite what i’m after… Mint, another webservice, isn’t available in the UK.

What do you use to look after your finances and expenses etc? Anyone got any spreadsheet system etc they could share/sell?

Matt

194 posts Dreams Money Can Buy
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
SwiftIdeas says

Hi Matt,

We’re based in the UK too, and not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for, but we have nothing but amazing things to say about http://freeagent.com/

It is a monthly cost, but the time it saves us and the ease of use is simply incredible.

Hope that helps :)

- Ed

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more

Hi Matt,

We’re based in the UK too, and not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for, but we have nothing but amazing things to say about http://freeagent.com/

It is a monthly cost, but the time it saves us and the ease of use is simply incredible.

Hope that helps :)

- Ed

That’s rather tasty, shame about the monthly fee being “quite high” for Ltd companies. I could get someone to build me a bespoke system for the cost of their annual subscription…

1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
zenlife says

I’ve been using inexfinance.com for a while and it does exactly what you need and much more. You can track income and expenses by categories, plan monthly budgets with overshoot alerts, set financial goals, etc. They have some really nice graphs and reports to analyze financial data from different angles. This is an online service and it’s free.

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+4 more

I’ve been using inexfinance.com for a while and it does exactly what you need and much more. You can track income and expenses by categories, plan monthly budgets with overshoot alerts, set financial goals, etc. They have some really nice graphs and reports to analyze financial data from different angles. This is an online service and it’s free.

That’s the same as MoneyDashboard…

by
by
by
by
by
by