205 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
TJMusic says

My recent track has been uploaded in December, but after a standard 10 days of waiting, it became “temporary held” and it stays in this status ever since. I’m not a newbie author here so I know what “temporary hold” means, a few of my tracks went through it, but it used to be just a few days more.

I feel really scared that my track may get hard rejected, because you just never know. It’s not a drop-away track made in 2 days, I’ve spent a few months working hard to make it good, so it’s not the same if it were 10 or 20 tracks waiting in the queue. Still, there might be issues I missed in my production, and this is what I’m scared of. For this reason I’m asking my fellow authors for a critical insight. Tell me what flaws can you find in my track and if you think I should be afraid of rejection or not. Here’s the track uploaded on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/tjmusic-2/business-story

I look forward for your advices, even if I cannot edit the track while it’s still in the queue.

unitedsoundacademy
unitedsoundacademy Recent Posts Threads Started
4 posts
  • Greece
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
unitedsoundacademy says

Hi, I’ve listened your track and, honestly, sounds better of tons of other tracks in the marketplace. So, in my opinion, don’t be scared about the quality. The problem I’ve noticed in the last two months is a delay in the projects submissions, maybe due to the massive uploaded attempts in this period. Frankly, I’ve decided to slow down my production till the situation come back normal. What can i say? Hold on bro!

Alehandro

37 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Walperion_Music says

TJMusic What a great music you have! :)

And this track especially. So the quality is definately not the case. :)

Maybe you should try to upload it one more time, idk. Anyways good luck sharing your good mood there! :)

3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Hi TJ, your item was not held by the review team.

I’ve just had a look at your upload history here and it appears there was an unusual submission error, which created an exception in the system upon approval and the file got stuck, not immediately visible to reviewers. This is a very rare glitch it seems, only once out of several thousand submissions.

We’ll try to reprocess your item now, if it fails, we’ll contact you so you can resubmit it for priority processing.

The vast majority of the time, an item would not be held by reviewers for more than a few days without a specific reason, and you would be contacted by support if it were held much longer after that.

In the future, if you ever notice a item that appears held after a few days, feel free to contact us via the support channel, so we can get you more information sooner. Thanks.

[Edit] – Looks like it worked, so your item is live now. :)

205 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
TJMusic says

Thanks a lot for help :) The item is approved now!

I’ve contacted support a few days ago, and they just explained to me what “temporary hold” means, what I’ve known already ;) After there was a forum thread where the author was asked some questions about his production details, I was eager to answer any possible questions if needed, but the support didn’t ask anything, just said that this was normal.

Last year I have switched to a strategy of doing quality tracks instead of spamming the marketplace with quickly made junk, so I was really concerned that something was wrong with the track after all!

Still, if any fellow authors want to know any production details from curiosity, I’ll gladly share how this and other my tracks were made – we all have to learn from each other to make even better tracks :)

90 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
GarryONeal says

Would a little bit of ambiance on the finger snap, maybe lowered a db and a half, help it sit in the mix a little bit better? Just wondering.

205 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
TJMusic says

I think you’re perfectly right. I also considered adding a tiny bit of reverb on accoustic percussion parts, it helps indeed :) Just forgot about this because this track was quite difficult to mix anyway, and I focused too much on getting the whistle right ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by