3192 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

is firefox 2 required for themes to get accepted, I just started testing a site and it works in ie 7,8,9(it would work in 6 if Id fix the pngs) safari 3,4,5 and chrome 4,5. but I loaded it in ff2 and its all messed up just checked the w3c site and it says .6% of people using firefox are “other”

3192 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

I should also include its because its html5

1021 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+5 more
Parallelus says

Does it work in FF 3 ? Most people using Firefox update when new versions are released. It’s not like IE where you get stuck using an old version forever because the operating system doesn’t support the newer browser (Win98, and soon XP not supporting IE9 ). That’s the reason we have issues with old versions of IE. Otherwise people would upgrade, it’s just that they can’t because the browser is built to be defendant on the OS so new versions can’t run on the older OS.

I think it will be accepted as long as it supports FF3 +.

My server stats show, 0.01% of my traffic is FF2 .x, but over 50% from FF3 +.

This is kind of interesting. I had a browser identify itself as FF 6 .7 in my log. Must have been someone from the future checking out my work :)

3192 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says
Does it work in FF 3 ? Most people using Firefox update when new versions are released. It’s not like IE where you get stuck using an old version forever because the operating system doesn’t support the newer browser (Win98, and soon XP not supporting IE9 ). That’s the reason we have issues with old versions of IE. Otherwise people would upgrade, it’s just that they can’t because the browser is built to be defendant on the OS so new versions can’t run on the older OS.

I think it will be accepted as long as it supports FF3 +.

My server stats show, 0.01% of my traffic is FF2 .x, but over 50% from FF3 +.

This is kind of interesting. I had a browser identify itself as FF 6 .7 in my log. Must have been someone from the future checking out my work :)
yes it works fine in firefox 3 and 4 the problem is happening because ff2 has no support for html5 tags it ends up rendering the html wrong something like
<section>......</section>
<h2></h2>

when its spouse to look like

<section>
<h2>....</h2>
</section>

theres a few fixes for it but it adds a lot of unnecessary code for a browser thats on its dying days

by
by
by
by
by
by