492 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
avenue28 says

Hi guys,

I saw a thread a couple of days back about a bug in firefox which is about the ‘onResize’ event in flash not firing when there is only one page opened in firefox and a new tab is opened due to which the size of the stage is reduced. I was looking into a solution and found it.

You need to style your ‘body’ tag with a top margin of 1px. Something like this:

html, body {
margin: 0px;
margin-top:1px;
padding: 0px;
overflow:hidden;
height:100%;
}

All the code above except for the top margin is something we generally do (it is provided by default if you use SWFObject). So add a top margin of 1px to it and voila!!!, the resizing works in firefox.

Somehow, I couldn’t find the old thread to put it there. So I opened up a new one. Hope it helps.

Cheers. :)

3868 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
flashjunkie says

Great fix, just tested, works like a charm :)

2309 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

Great job. In the other thread it was observed in passing that P&K’s app which triggered the resize event correctly when the stage changed due to tab creation/removal had a one-pixel border while FT’s app did not but no one actually latched onto that as the cause of the problem.

492 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
avenue28 says

Ah! Thanks for the link. It was night for me when the thread was opened, so I couldn’t follow. I’ll go through it now.

It was pretty easy find, I came across the soultion in the first few results in Google.

2114 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says

Yup, works perfectly iceonflames ). Thanks for sharing. And thanks Saafi for sharing this link :)

492 posts
+3 more
avenue28 says

you are welcome… :)

9 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Located in United States
haik74 says

works

1234 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says

so i’m curious guys, is this all versions of firefox or just certain versions, anyone know?

2114 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says

I’m using FF3 so probably the earlier versions have the same problem.

by
by
by
by
by
by