- Envato Staff
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Blog Post
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Oh yeah, there is a whole slew of portable apps over there. I used to work at a newspaper as a graphic designer and wasn’t allowed to install anything on our computers there. I did anyway and when the tech. guy found out he told me I’d get fired if I did it again (an empty threat at that place, lol).
Anyway, to stay in the good graces of the tech. gods I bought an external HDD and used it to run just about everything I needed/wanted anyway including iTunes. When the tech. guy found out what I was doing I think he was a little pissed that I found a way around their “rules” because he just stood there watching me for like 15 minutes every time he came to our area, lol.
He never said anything after that though.