687 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
LucaFormicola says

I’m sorry guys..but I don’t trust at all..

542 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

What don’t you trust MrLukeFor?

918 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
jhunger says

It’s interesting to note that the top author account 1 year ago – October 2011 (Tim) – had 538 sales. Looks like growth has almost doubled since then. Let’s enjoy the ride together! :)

Taking a quick tally of the top 20 authors in October since 2009, doubling every year seems to be a trend (sorry about the formatting – I tried a couple of html things but it didn’t seem to work):

[Year / Top 20 Total Sales / Top Seller Sales / Sales Needed To Make Top Author List]

Oct 2009 / 1034 / 213 / 27

Oct 2010 / 2005 / 246 / 50

Oct 2011 / 4634 / 538 / 135

Oct 2012 / 8796 / 1068 / 227

I think it’s telling how much growth there has been that Soundroll’s chart-smashing 213 sales in October 2009 wouldn’t even make the list this year. If the numbers hold out, expect to see someone with 2000 sales in a month this time next year.

Wow, Tim seems to do many things right! I’m happy for him, i guess he is a good guy and he worked with passion for this!

Yes and yes!

673 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
FxProSound says

Congrats to all music authors here on top 20 – it’s great achievement :) SFX sales are not comparable to yours, but one sells cars and the other screws :)

687 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
LucaFormicola says

What don’t you trust MrLukeFor?

I trust about the number of sales, but I don’t trust about how it has been possible..1068 sales means 35 sales per day..I mean, it’s too much about “sales per day average”. Just to be clear, I congratulate with him, and I’d like to know his secret..His items are very good but at this stage I don’t think it depends just on “items quality”, to be onest, there are very good items with few sales per day.. ;)

542 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Ah, I see. Well, that’s the accumulative effect of AJ’s model which favours best selling tracks and authours I believe, so I think those figures are probably correct. The fact TM has so few tracks but so many sales is also down to his hard work publicising and promoting himself outside of AJ as well though, so kudos to him for finding a niche early on that works here.

Videohive authours also loved his tracks enough to use it in many videos which has helped too, something which I think doesn’t happen much these days because of the mass number of tracks out there and the fact your track has to be successful before it’s even considered for a project (and the imaginary new search system of course doesn’t really help).

Either way, congrats to Tim as it’s good to be at the top after putting in as much effort as he has.

by
by
by
by
by
by