5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
RamRatanMaurya says

Hi all, I just submitted my first WordPress theme to ThemeForest, now I’m sure there must a number of reasons why the theme was rejected. But I wasn’t really able to justify on what I need to improve to get going on ThemeForest. Here is the reviewer’s message:

Unfortunately your submission Miniature: Responsive WordPress Portfolio Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

And here is the item.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks.

282 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
2Fwebd says

Hi
First, your design is clean and cool but nothing amazing,it isn’t enough unique (slider, font…). Then, you have to set some colors, grey, white, black are not enough :P. I don’t see the footer with the copyright. And your hompage missing informations (home page without text block ? ;) ). Finaly you use “Droid sans serif” in all your template but not in the home page ?
Just my opinion, hope it will help you ;)
Regards,

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
RamRatanMaurya says

Hi
First, your design is clean and cool but nothing amazing,it isn’t enough unique (slider, font…). Then, you have to set some colors, grey, white, black are not enough :P. I don’t see the footer with the copyright. And your hompage missing informations (home page without text block ? ;) ). Finaly you use “Droid sans serif” in all your template but not in the home page ?
Just my opinion, hope it will help you ;)
Regards,

Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with the points stated by you and I believe next item wouldn’t lack any of these. I simple terms I can say I just didn’t comply ThemeForest rules.

Again thanks man :) Btw homepage uses the ‘Droid Sans’.

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says
The blog looks awful compared to the rest of your template! Definitely need to work on that!

The lines in your class="blog-header"> just look off! instead of having just border top and bottom how about thorowing in

<div style=" 
    margin-bottom: 30px;
    height: 1px;
    width: 100%;
    background: #D4D4D4;
    BOX-SHADOW: 0px 1px 0px #ffffff;
">
</div>

top and bottom, makes it look a lot sharper! In full, it’s a great start but you still need to inject a bit of personality and make it your own, imagine the template without any images it’d look a lot worse, and the clients you sell to aren’t going to be using the same images, so it needs to really stand out even without the images

282 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
2Fwebd says

You’re welcome. I mean, without the “serif” style ;) (like “Time News Roman”)

119 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
silver530 says

You can use a fancy font for your headings, also try to add a clients section to your homepage.

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
RamRatanMaurya says

The blog looks awful compared to the rest of your template! Definitely need to work on that!

The lines in your class="blog-header"> just look off! instead of having just border top and bottom how about thorowing in

<div style=" 
    margin-bottom: 30px;
    height: 1px;
    width: 100%;
    background: #D4D4D4;
    BOX-SHADOW: 0px 1px 0px #ffffff;
">
</div>

top and bottom, makes it look a lot sharper! In full, it’s a great start but you still need to inject a bit of personality and make it your own, imagine the template without any images it’d look a lot worse, and the clients you sell to aren’t going to be using the same images, so it needs to really stand out even without the images

Makes sense, I probably need to give theming some more time before publishing.

Thanks to you all of you, I’ll consider each point in next theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by