Hi guys, I am new at themeforest, so your suggestions would be extremely appreciated. I have created 4 different styles. Take a look at my theme here. Please tell me what i need to add or remove.
I have followed all the steps from Envato to create a theme, but i want to know a more specific and detailed opinion on what to change from you guys.My theme was rejected and the feedback from the reviewer was:
From the reviewer:
Your template does not provide a unique design, the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace. It requires improvements in terms of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and its aesthetics. ect ect.
You have a lot of works to do. As the reviewer said you need to improve the design, and add tons of features or different page template that are really different. Right now it looks like more a free template. You should compare yours and the ones on TF and try to check what you did wrong. A second opinion from a friend (not a good one that lies to make you happy) is kind of good advice too.
Good luck and have fun doing it!
I like your positive attitude reflected in your title, but you will not “steal” any clients with your current design skills
You have a lot of work until you’ll be able to publish something on the marketplaces. I suggest you start reading tons of tutorials and improving your web design knowledge, and after a few months of really really hard work, try again..
Thank you for your comments guys. I really appreciate this. I know i have a lot to do, but i really need some directions, what i can change in my template.
I read tons of tutorials every day, but they are more generic, i want to know what’s bad with my theme, how can i perfect it.
I created my first theme as a landing page, in order to not have so many options to bother about. What functionalities can i add to that?
@twi I am comparing them to my theme, but maybe a more objective eye can tell me what to improve.
@RubenBristian I am on my first steps on my themeforest adventure, so i need some specifics about this marketplace. I am not new to designing and coding, just new to themeforest. I know i have a lot to do just to begin “stealing” customers.
Please tell me is it worth it to create themes as a full time job and can you make a living out of it? How many years would it take to be on themeforest to get a decent outcome?
Thanks again, despite the cold shower .
Ruben, i am not trying to catch you, but i am trying. A few respectable and experienced international friends would be very helpful.
Please tell me is it worth it to dedicate myself entirely to themeforest?
Your current design needs a lot of improvement, but the first tip I’ll give you is always create a real logo. Where you have, “Your Logo Here”, put something there. People want to imagine their website will look as good as your template but it must look real. Whatever you plan to name the theme, make a logo for that name and use it instead. Maybe something that uses flags or a crest?
Just a few other notes:
- Overall the fonts are too big. They are not spaced properly in some areas like the date and time of the match not vertically centered.
- The colors are also an issue. It’s too much like primary colors. The design does not seem to be right for these colors.
- I don’t think the background gradient effect in the title “Football, Beer and Friends” looks good. Maybe a solid color or a smooth subtle gradient instead of the glossy effect.
- Alignment issues are all over the place. Think in grids. Where you have the “31 Matches” text. The two containers there don’t align vertically with anything else on the page. For the most part you have a 3 column layout so stick with those as guides. If you want a 1/3-2/3 row, no problem. But in this location it looks like you have 2/5-3/5 column and it’s just odd.
Make some changes and really work on the spacing. Post an updated graphic once you’ve modified it.
“Your template does not provide a unique design”. Seems an interesting piece of feedback bearing in mind the visual similarities between 80% of the themes on the marketplace!
Re. the design, Parallelus pretty much nailed it – fonts/colours/spacing/alignment.
Duro- saidSorry to break the news mate, but with that design, you are really new to design and coding … maybe ten years ago it would had been a great thing, but now, it’s really bad.
@RubenBristian I am not new to designing and coding, just new to themeforest.
Ruben, try not to be that harsh mate, you’re discouraging him completely!
I do have to agree with what Parallelus said!
Note: these are my personal opinions as an individual member and author of this community and not representative of Envato Staff or the Envato Item Reviewers. My personal opinion does not guarantee the approval of this file for sale on the Envato Marketplaces.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.