read these articles for a good starthttp://blog.themeforest.net/tutorials/common-mistakes-in-web-design/ http://blog.themeforest.net/resources/10-typography-tips-for-web-designers/ http://blog.themeforest.net/tutorials/visual-hierarchy-in-web-design/comment-page-1/
yes, it is worth it. Trying to get your theme accepted here will push you to become a better designer and you will make money once you achieve the goal.
Your current design needs a lot of improvement, but the first tip I’ll give you is always create a real logo. Where you have, “Your Logo Here”, put something there. People want to imagine their website will look as good as your template but it must look real. Whatever you plan to name the theme, make a logo for that name and use it instead. Maybe something that uses flags or a crest?
Just a few other notes:
Make some changes and really work on the spacing. Post an updated graphic once you’ve modified it.
- Overall the fonts are too big. They are not spaced properly in some areas like the date and time of the match not vertically centered.
- The colors are also an issue. It’s too much like primary colors. The design does not seem to be right for these colors.
- I don’t think the background gradient effect in the title “Football, Beer and Friends” looks good. Maybe a solid color or a smooth subtle gradient instead of the glossy effect.
- Alignment issues are all over the place. Think in grids. Where you have the “31 Matches” text. The two containers there don’t align vertically with anything else on the page. For the most part you have a 3 column layout so stick with those as guides. If you want a 1/3-2/3 row, no problem. But in this location it looks like you have 2/5-3/5 column and it’s just odd.
Thanks a lot man, i really really appreciate this. You are the first to tell what i can improve in details. I will make those changes and i will update it. Thanks again.
Duro- saidSorry to break the news mate, but with that design, you are really new to design and coding … maybe ten years ago it would had been a great thing, but now, it’s really bad.
@RubenBristian I am not new to designing and coding, just new to themeforest.
Ruben, try not to be that harsh mate, you’re discouraging him completely!
I do have to agree with what Parallelus said!
Note: these are my personal opinions as an individual member and author of this community and not representative of Envato Staff or the Envato Item Reviewers. My personal opinion does not guarantee the approval of this file for sale on the Envato Marketplaces.
Thanks mate, i will make the changes that you said. As for Ruben, never mind, i konw that it won’t be easy, but i have the courage to try and learn from the best designers on the marketplace, despite the harsh words .
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.