113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
Sneek says

Hi all

I’m a graphic designer in the process of designing my first Wordpress/html theme, once i’ve completed this a colleague will be then building the theme and we should be good to go.

My question is, we want to sell and market the .PSD files, is it good practice to put these up now while my colleague is building the Theme, should it be launched at the same time or should it be sold a couple of months afterwards?

from your experiences, what is the best practice?

Cheers, Sneek

6 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
kreativedesign says

From a personal perspective, I believe that you should release the .PSD after the full theme has been complated. This is mainly because I think once people have seen the full preview of that HTML version, or WP, they may want to know and understand how they can develop their theme and see from your example how they may want to take it further.

Just my two cents.

151 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
aldrinlsc says

I’m also about to submit my PSD . The only problem is i don’t have a documentation. No idea what to put on it.

113 posts
+5 more
Sneek says

From a personal perspective, I believe that you should release the .PSD after the full theme has been complated. This is mainly because I think once people have seen the full preview of that HTML version, or WP, they may want to know and understand how they can develop their theme and see from your example how they may want to take it further. Just my two cents.

Just what we were looking for that makes perfect sense, thanks for the advice

113 posts
+5 more
Sneek says

I’m also about to submit my PSD . The only problem is i don’t have a documentation. No idea what to put on it.

I haven’t got to that point yet but from doing documentation on Graphicriver i would suggest..

Treat the user as if they have never opened up photoshop before;

A list of all designed pages (home, about, services etc) links to fonts to download fonts you have used links to download images you have used links to icon packs you have used

how to change the colour schemes or styles of the design within the folders of your design. the more information you give someone the more likely they will buy your files again :)

by
by
by
by
by
by