5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Brazil
EdpeppeRs says

@EdpeppeRs Welcome to ThemeForest. When reviewers reject your theme, they will tell why it was rejected.

thank u so much, dude! ^^

it’s important, because u get a feedback and have the chance to improve ur skills.

:)

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

thank u so much, dude! ^^

it’s important, because u get a feedback and have the chance to improve ur skills.

I think 80% of rejected themes are rejected because of crappy design, tipography and hierarchy.

I always tell everyone that comes to me: Unlike illustration, drawing, fine arts and stuff like that where talent is essential, in webdesign talent is not as important. It helps, but practice and persistence do a much better job in the webdesign area than talent IMO .

@off-topic @EdpeppeRs: Esse RS ai é de gaúcho mesmo? hahaha

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Brazil
EdpeppeRs says

@off-topic @EdpeppeRs: Esse RS ai é de gaúcho mesmo? hahaha

OFF -topic:

hahaha, não, não. era para dar um destaque ao R. seria invertido, em homenagem ao KoRn, mas não rola. hehe vi num lay seu um mapa com Floripa. pensei: “ox, o cara do canadá catou uma foto de Floripa. ql é o caso?” sou de Salvador, BA. :) e vc? morando no exterior? tô te seguindo, pegando umas dicas e qm sabe uma hora conseguir vender algo por aq. hehehe

hugs! ;)

257 posts luiszuno.com
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
Ansimuz says

God bless rejections so THEMEFOREST is the best marketplace in envato network.

64 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
PerfectPixels says

I got my first theme accepted on the first try but then my 2 others were rejected many times…

377 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Argentina
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
360Degrees says

We from DDStudios have gotten our items rejected so many times at the beginning that after a while you know exactly what to do to get it accepted at first.

Today, we know exactly what to look for and all the steps needed to get our items accepted at first. I personally haven’t had a rejected item in months (like 6 months).

Just make sure everything validates, your documentation is right, your design doesn’t suck and that your code is ‘readable’... Make sure you don’t include images that you are not allowed to and ALWAYS use the reviewers notes box to make small statements. For example, we’ve been using CSS3 a lot lately which causes it not to validate the CSS . We mention that in the reviewers box every time. Or when we include a custom background, make sure you say that you made it and that the PSDs also don’t include anything wrong.

Also make sure your description is well done. Besides helping your sales the description is compulsory. Sometimes we get our item Soft rejected due to the fact that our description is poor (we usually make it better once the item is accepted to see how it looks), but that’s just a point

A nice live preview also ALWAYS help.

Keep on going, and make sure to follow the right steps in the upload info.

Cool tips DDS
1871 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I guess I am one of those lucky ones, I am still waiting for my first rejection :P (8 items so far) But it’s just a matter of time, right Kailoon? :) I have this guts feeling he will reject my upcoming theme and it freaks my out a little to be honest… But if he do so, I will do my best to have it accepted, just like everybody does here – no discouragement, just push yourself till it’s accepted.

113 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
pearlstudios says

My first theme was accepted in one go and the second had a little bug in opera and needed some more documentation so was accepted during the second review.

There is this excitement during your first few themes where it’s so easy to miss small things. I had studied the marketplace and read everything that was needed to know, before working on my first theme. I guess, most authors skip that. There’s a lot of info on the forum and you will get great tips here.

I would’ve had many themes here but lost all my excitement due to a copyright infringement. Now, I’ve started a firm and my partner has convinced me these things happen and we should leverage the opportunity that TF & few other marketplaces have to offer. Hence, am back and you could expect more themes from us :)

Mustafa

27 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BioXD says

My first theme didn’t even make it to the marketplace. I forgot about it and began from scratch, second one got accepted in the first try.

Ever since, I’ve had some themes rejected as many as 4 times, others accepted the first time and one soft-rejection.

12 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Bobyo says

First theme, a big dissapointment, got rejected 3 times, the second theme rejected 3 times. It was so frustrating because like DD said “hierarchy, typo and overall design” was crappy. Learned some new tricks, worked on my skillz and now in a few weeks i`m hoping for my first accept :)

by
by
by
by
by
by