343 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JackHowell says

Actually not a true title – this was a unused design I just really did “for the fun of it” and decided that it would be a waste not to use it!

There are currently two versions; one with a dark center background and one with a much lighter background (and overall feel).

I was hoping to get a bit of feedback on which is better and if there is anything I’ve missed or should improve. This is the first theme I am hoping to submit so it needs to be as good as possible!

It is a design group blog which everything everything has been created from scratch. It currently does not feature a portfolio as it is not designed to be a one person profile site however it may be possible with future versions.

What do you think? I’m expecting a kicking!

64 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
WatcherLV says

Hey JackHowell!
Actually with these screen shots I can’t see all small things to give you some advices but in general this design looks very nice for me!
P.S.: I can’t choose the best theme from them :D

118 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
elisent says

can’t tell much from the small&watermarked previews, but from what I can see it needs a bit of polishing, spicing up etc. I don’t really like the header, has no continuity and the colors are not the best choice.

217 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CreativeStable says

Yeah I might try uploading a shot at 100% and/or toning down the watermarks :)

From what I can see it looks nice though. Really like the watercolor-ish tree on the right. I think I prefer the light design, but you could always offer both options in the same package :)

343 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JackHowell says
Yeah I might try uploading a shot at 100% and/or toning down the watermarks :) From what I can see it looks nice though. Really like the watercolor-ish tree on the right. I think I prefer the light design, but you could always offer both options in the same package :)

I was thinking both of those points! I didn’t upload a full size one as yet as I was looking for opinions on that ‘overall feel’ but I guess it makes sense to me because I have seen the full design…

Here is the full size light version and the full size dark version

Thanks for the feedback. Even though I design sites every day this feels like quite a big learning curve.

by
by
by
by
by
by