11 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
angelina_dig says

Hello! I’m new member here, so I want a little help from you. I want to upload 5 photos. In the zip file how many photos I have to upload? I mean, for each one photo how many sizes must be included? Thanks.

5091 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

You upload the largest version of the photo that you have, the site will automatically make the smaller versions. I you shouldn’t need to zip your photos other than the set you send to get approved to sell on the site. Thanks!

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
angelina_dig says

Thank You KingDog! So I upload the largest version of my photo and I upload additional the same photo but in 80×80 size (thumbnail) ? Thanks again..

5091 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

You don’t need to upload any other size, just the largest one :)

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
angelina_dig says

Thanks but in instractions for uploading on photodune, says something about two sizes: 590×300 and 80×80.However I’m gonna upload just a photo(the original size) and wait for reviewers and on 3 days I will see what is the right way to upload photos for sale.Thank you.

5091 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

I don’t remember having to upload any 80×80 thumbs when I last submitted items. Here’s the Knowledgebase section on uploading – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/351/59/photodune-general-upload-instructions

Thanks!

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
angelina_dig says

Thanks man. I’ve upload 5 files (in zip form), and I’m waiting for reviewers. If you don’t see my files in Photodune, means that I’m trying again to upload by the right way!! Thank you anyway!

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
woolfenden says

Hi Angelina_dig. The instructions DO tell you to create various other sizes which confused me as well, but then you will find later, deep in the instructions, a section which advises you if you want to specifically upload photos to PHOTODUNE . The instructions are then different. They only ask for one photo file per image. I found the instructions very confused (i.e. it was the author that was confused when he wrote the instructions not me when I read them!). Be careful when you have received reviewers approval that all further files are uploaded without zipping. They should be RGB jpg’s at the highest resolution. I received my approval last week and tried to use the FTP function to upload 300 + photos. This turned out to be entirely unsuccessful, and I ended up using the “one file at a time” option. Needless to say I haven’t yet got all the 300 odd photos uploaded yet. I am also still waiting for “SUPPORT” to provide some sort of guidance or help. They did reply with a note to say that they saw that I had transmitted some files on my account so they assumed that I didn’t need help any more, wished me a good day and buzzed off. I wouldn’t rely on these guys for any sort of SUPPORT . Why we should have to read the forum back to front and inside out to get help is beyond my understanding as well as being incredibly frustrating. (........ I feel a lot better now )

I do hope you manage to get your files on the site despite the mediocre instructions, and if you ever get their FTP site working OK please drop me a line. I would be delighted to know what I have been doing wrong

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
angelina_dig says

Indeed, the instructions in the forum are incomprehensible, because while I read several times and all pages that relate specifically the uploading, I can’t understand finally what is the correct file photo for uploading (590×300 , 80×80 , original). I’ll See the adoption is made and accordingly will do another uploading. Thanks woolfenden!

69 posts
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
jesshooper says

Hello all,

Can I check what instructions you’re referring to? We’ve made some pretty big changes to our Knowledgebase recently, and if there’s anything I can do to further improve it I’d love to know more. All feedback is welcome!

KingDog and woolfenden are correct— you should upload only the largest size of each image. We automatically resize and watermark each submission for you.

Woolfenden, I’ll be getting in touch via your support ticket regarding your issues with the FTP upload service. If anyone else is having issues with FTP , our guidelines are available here:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/342
by
by
by
by
by
by