11 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
angelina_dig says
Thank you jesshooper for the clarification.. These are the pages that I saw: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/351/59/photodune-general-upload-instructions , http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/112/9/an-introduction-to-the-marketplaces-for-authors , http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/354/78/a-step-by-step-guide-to-the-upload-process <—this includes that phrase: “Create a 590×300 JPG for your preview image”, and “Create an 80×80 JPG , PNG or GIF for your thumbnail.” Mayby these instractions concern another foroum’s instractions… Thank you anyway, I’m gonna upload just the original size.
3 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
woolfenden says

Hello all,

Can I check what instructions you’re referring to? We’ve made some pretty big changes to our Knowledgebase recently, and if there’s anything I can do to further improve it I’d love to know more. All feedback is welcome!

KingDog and woolfenden are correct— you should upload only the largest size of each image. We automatically resize and watermark each submission for you.

Woolfenden, I’ll be getting in touch via your support ticket regarding your issues with the FTP upload service. If anyone else is having issues with FTP , our guidelines are available here:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/342
3 posts
  • United Kingdom
woolfenden says

Hi JessHooper,

I stand corrected, it is clearer than I thought, but still easily confusing to a newcomer. I have managed to retrace my steps through your Knowledgebase to find the place that was so confusing. It is in ‘Author’s guidelines’ —> ‘Step by step’—> There is clearly a note which says “Photodune is a little different to our other marketplaces” in a pink highlighted box. In other words “Don’t do as we are about to tell you but follow the link which will tell you to do something else”!! I am already in Photodune as a New Author, I am here because I want become an author in Photodune so I automatically accept that the ALL instructions refer to Photodune. This is what I think doesn’t help. The instructions for each marketplace should be separated, so that any potential author does not have a myriad of conflicting links to consider which continually take him away from the main subject. Hope this helps to explain the frustration.

69 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+3 more
jesshooper Staff says

Thanks for responding! It can be a bit tricky to organise the information for all the Marketplaces (the information is often very similar for all Marketplaces except PhotoDune) but we’re definitely looking for ways to make it clearer for new authors.

There is a link to the PhotoDune FTP instructions on the submission page— http://photodune.net/item_submissions

Do you think that link needs more emphasis?

Please let me know if you have more feedback, or if you experience any further issues. :)

11 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
angelina_dig says

Hello again,I have upload all my photos finally,all the originals in a simple zip file folder.I saw that these photos that i uploaded initially, they were for me to become a PhotoDune author, and finally it has been accepted! But, now i have uploaded my photos (one photo-at once) and I’m waiting for reviewers to response.I’ll keep you informed about my work! Thank you-all for your help!

7 posts
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SemmickPhoto says

I have to say, I didnt find that hard to upload the photos. I was accepted on Friday and have uploaded and submitted 250 photos without issues. If you follow the FTP instructions its really easy. The only thing confusing was about the zip file to pass the contributors test.

87 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Texturizer777 says

I just got accepted but when i try to upload via the web uploader i see nothing after.

I click “Upload” then “Start Upload” then add the title, click “Choose File” and choose the JPG , no Release Forms are needed so i don’t upload that, i don’t see any other boxes to fill out so i click “Create Item Submission”.

After there is a yellow box saying to wait while the files are processed etc and another saying “You currently have no submissions. Start uploading on the right.” but nothing else.

Do i have to wait a few days for my images before i can enter the description and tags etc? or is the web uploader not currently working?

On the other marketplaces i usually enter the tags etc when i select the files and there is usually a progress bar after i click the submit button etc but on Photodune i don’t see any of that so i am totally confused at the moment.

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

That doesn’t sound right Texturizer. I normally use the FTP upload, but there should be a step on the web upload where you enter the photo’s name as well as tags etc. You should probably open a ticket with Support to have them look into it for you. Thanks!

87 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Texturizer777 says

Thanks for the reply, now after logging in again i see the images listed under “Items Requiring Corrections” so hopefully after editing it will work correctly. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by