• Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Cryonics says

Hey guys, today i recived this message from envato stuff:

Dear Envato Market user,

We have noticed that you are following a large number of authors on Envato Market (more than 2,000).

We are really excited that you enjoy the work of so many creators of cool stuff from our sites however unfortunately following a large number of authors adversely affects the performance of the Envato Market sites. Load times of our home pages are particularly impacted and occasionally experience timeouts.

Going forward, we are limiting the number of authors a user can follow to 2,000 authors, to avoid performance issues. Since you already follow more than that and we want your site usage experience to be as good as for the rest of our users, we propose to remove the excess of the followed authors from your account and keep only the 2,000 most recent authors that you are following.

When we reviewed the numbers of followed authors at first, we were quite surprised that some of our users (including you) follow such a large number of authors. If you could take a moment to let us know why, this would help us understanding more about how you use the site and if there is an improvement we can make to help you get the most out of it.

We are aiming to go ahead with the change in the next couple of weeks. If you have any concerns beforehand, please contact me.

Thanks, Ronja

Anyone have some like this massage?

3772 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Congrats on the achievement. :D Oh well this will help stop some of the spam followers who basically follow every author on here, in a hope they will get more exposure from people seeing their avatar I guess. 2000 is still a lot more than anyone will need to follow for any sensible reasons. :D

2389 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Creattive says

2000? should be limited to 200. People who are following everyone make the system senseless and most of the time don’t even know what the following function really is.

329 posts
+1 more
FalconFX says

2000? should be limited to 200. People who are following everyone make the system senseless and most of the time don’t even know what the following function really is.

Yeah, like follow me follow you, a trade or something, instead of the pure interest in each others work !!

301 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
sightsignal says

Hm? They were “quite surprised”?...

I might be wrong but this seems quite obvious at least in the audiojungle/videohive relation… some audiojungle authors are looking to have some partnership with videohive authors, or at least make them aware of their audio tracks, in the hope that eventually, those videohive authors use those tracks in their preview videos, which in turn gives the audiojungle author some exposure.

Because mass commenting a videohive author’s items or sending unsolicited profile messages is frowned upon, simply following someone is a quick way that makes sure that the videohive author will notice a new avatar on the Followers section, which might earn some interest. Do that for every author on videohive and you’ve reached 2000.

That said, this doesn’t bother me a bit and I actually go hear one or two items from any new audiojungle follower.

66 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
oliverdionela says

Lol. They might award you with a “Broke the Envato Market Sites 1+ Times” badge.

8291 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

lol?! Why are you following so many authors, it makes no sense…

336 posts
+2 more
Cryonics says

For me it’s like to be friends, follow you and you follow me, 80% who I follow it’s audiojungle authors, I want to be friends with this musicians :)

3602 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

200 ?! It should be limited to 20 ! :D

Really now … following 2000 authors is crazy. This is following spam dude, you’re just following people to try and milk some followers.

Follow only authors from which you’ll buy, this is not a social network.

826 posts
  • Located in Hungary
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
aron66 says

For me it’s like to be friends, follow you and you follow me, 80% who I follow it’s audiojungle authors, I want to be friends with this musicians :)

Ohh I thought u secretly got $2.000 for this achievement.
Poor me. 8-)

by
by
by
by
by
by