3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
GraphicReaction says

Although I am not surprised it got rejected with it being my very first theme here, I am very curious and open to feedback on my theme as I am not sure what to do next. It was hard rejected.

“The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

Please consider taking some time to familiarise yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.”

I created this theme with the brand of it being simple, easy and affordable. Targeted towards people that may not understand wordpress too well and only need a basic but yet premium theme. I haven’t seen any others in the library like that so I thought I had found a ‘gap in the market’

Maybe that’s there I went wrong, too simple? I would love someone to help me out! :)

http://simplebiz.graphicreaction.info/?themedemo=simple-biz http://simplebiz.graphicreaction.info/helpfile.html
2204 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

The theme looks outdated , typography & graphics are poor . You need something newer .

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
GraphicReaction says

Thanks for replying. That must be where I have also got the wrong idea as I didn’t feel the imagery mattered as much as it is just for filling the content because the user will replace all of that with their information.

There’s extra typography added, I should probably show more for the preview

2204 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

Yes the user will be replace your content but you need to show the work for the reviewer team first , and you need to have good graphics , icons looks old on the body , in copyright section are exaggerated .. everything seems messy , should give a new twist .

3 posts
GraphicReaction says

Thanks, I will revamp the images and typography for the aesthetic requirements.

Any feedback for the technical?

7 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
prowseed says
It looks so 2001 :) And about technical stuff:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0">
Have you tried to open it on your mobile phone? I didn’t, just saying it might be unreadable.

<div id="meteor-slideshow" class="meteor-slides  navprevnext { height: 300, width: 1100 }">
I don’t heard before about that plugin, but really this is the way of defining dimensions?

function wptdb_getBrowserWidthHeight(w_or_h) {
var intH = 0;
var intW = 0;
if( typeof window.innerWidth  == 'number' ) {
  intH = window.innerHeight;
  intW = window.innerWidth;
} else if(document.documentElement && (document.documentElement.clientWidth || document.documentElement.clientHeight)) {
  intH = document.documentElement.clientHeight;
  intW = document.documentElement.clientWidth;
} else if( document.body && ( document.body.clientWidth || document.body.clientHeight ) ) {
  intH = document.body.clientHeight;
  intW = document.body.clientWidth;
}
if (w_or_h == 'w') {
return parseInt(intW);
}
if (w_or_h == 'h') {
return parseInt(intH);
}
}
Don’t know if you have write it for your own or found somewhere, but you have jquery for that stuff.

Main navigation somehow breaks under Opera
3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

You have the building blocks but there are validation issues and as others have said the design needs a bit of work to make it look up to date. Attention to detail goes a long way with the reviewers. Don’t give up. Good luck

by
by
by
by
by
by