74 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Italy
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
alicyone says

Hi guys, is it possible relase a psd template of a theme already published into the wp category from a different author but already the same?

Thanks

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says

Wrong post! Sorry!

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says
Hi guys, is it possible relase a psd template of a theme already published into the wp category from a different author but already the same? Thanks
Buy an extended license of the theme from that author, and you should be able to.

Here is what TF has to say about WP themes’ extended licenses: (http://themeforest.net/wiki/buying/licenses-buying/themeforest-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/#wordpress_regular)

The Extended License could be used for any of the following:
  • Template for a web service such as WPMU .
  • Part of a software package for sale.

Important Notes

WordPress items purchased under a regular or extended license may NOT be used within other Envato marketplace items.

Items purchased under a regular or extended license may NOT be redistributed or resold “as-is” or as part of any other collection of image resources or files.
47 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
TylorSkory says

According to Jeffery, they are working on implementing a system that will help with this. I don’t know when it’s going to be implemented though…

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

So say I’m selling a psd of a background on Graphicriver and was not offering an extended license on the item at the time and I happen to come across a WordPress theme being sold on here that is using my file for it’s background. Can that seller technically do that?

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says
So say I’m selling a psd of a background on Graphicriver and was not offering an extended license on the item at the time and I happen to come across a WordPress theme being sold on here that is using my file for it’s background. Can that seller technically do that?

I’m not claiming to have all of the terms memorized…. but if a someone could use your background in the theme they’re selling on TF without having to purchase an extended license, what would be the point of having extended licenses at all? So, I’m pretty sure they cannot do that.

It’s all spelled out pretty clear here: http://themeforest.net/wiki/support/legal-terms/licensing-terms/

If you choose to not even offer the extended license on your background on graphic river (in this example), then people simply don’t have the option to purchase it and put it in a theme for resale.

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

I’m not claiming to have all of the terms memorized…. but if a someone could use your background in the theme they’re selling on TF without having to purchase an extended license, what would be the point of having extended licenses at all? So, I’m pretty sure they cannot do that.

It’s all spelled out pretty clear here: http://themeforest.net/wiki/support/legal-terms/licensing-terms/

If you choose to not even offer the extended license on your background on graphic river (in this example), then people simply don’t have the option to purchase it and put it in a theme for resale.

Thanks for the clarification,

I left a comment on the authors page and it seems to have disappeared also, I have reported the authors theme.

1868 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

@VagrantRadio

If you meant this background http://graphicriver.net/item/pinpoint/70794 then the whole internet is full of this background, so you probably can’t claim copyright on the bg like that. It’s like claiming a copyright on basic stripe background… Nobody knows who invented it first…

69 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Devan says

In general it is not permitted to purchase somthing from Envato Marketplaces, use it in an item to resell on Envato Marketplaces.

The link that Haziq has provided (http://themeforest.net/wiki/buying/licenses-buying/themeforest-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/#wordpress_regular%29) provides this answer :)

In fact, if you look at that wiki, what he has pasted about Wordpress (the “Important Notes”) is the same for all categories.

e.g.

Important Notes Joomla items purchased under a regular or extended license may NOT be used within other Envato marketplace items.

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says
@VagrantRadio If you meant this background http://graphicriver.net/item/pinpoint/70794 then the whole internet is full of this background, so you probably can’t claim copyright on the bg like that. It’s like claiming a copyright on basic stripe background… Nobody knows who invented it first…

thanks for the clarification…

by
by
by
by
by
by