• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+1 more
itscroma says

Congrats on your first year man, great work you have in your portfolio, and keep listening to the great musicians that inspires that.

725 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
josweb says
JackHowell said
I’d love to hear more of your story of the last year and how you have risen to a silver paw :) – fancy going into a little more detail? Things like; did you have a day job – do you still have said job? Any big life changes? etc! Great work over the year. Congrats.

I agree, have you had an interview? If so I’d love to read it.

314 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
stefusilviu says

Congratulations… You did great items in your first year.

276 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Albania
DrawZen says

Congratulations mate! Keep it up! :)

76 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
prowebmedia says

Well, it’s been a great year for you I guess, so congrats !

208 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+1 more
indieground says

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

Thanks for the idea of making an “author interview”, it’s already in my “things to do” list and I hope the staff could publish it soon.

But I’ll give you more details about my “working” side of life in the latest year. Exactly one year ago (4 months after a one-year lenght experience as a postman) i was working for a printing service, no contract, underpaid and all day long among printing machines and cutting banners and posters with just few minutes a day to smoke a quick cigarette for break, and everytime watching the awful work of some provincial designer and thinking everyday “i could make something better than this”.. I’ve sent lots of resumes around my city, since i finished school 3 years ago because my passion for graphic design never disappeared, but no design studios ever called me back.. but in spite of all i was spending all my free time trying to improve myself and making tutorials and tutorials to learn something new about photoshop and the other design software.. and then i found envato and i tried to sell a simple vector thinking “if I will ever make a sale I’ll give a party :-) ” so it sounds stupid but when someone bought my item for the first time i was incredibly happy and watching the sales made by the top authors i started to daydream about how awesome it would be to earn money from your own graphic works. So i started making files but I had really no time and also lots of days I was sad about my day job and had no stimulus to realize my ideas.. So at the end of the story, one rainy sad day of november, after a discussion with my boss (classic mean north-italian old man) :-) i decided to quit my horrible job and since the day after i started to dedicate my whole day designing posters for GR and practice practice practice.. And now here I am! with my shining silver paw and working as a freelance thanks to GR (especially) and also to freelance works (found especially through GR).

It might be stupid to say but… I’ve only told my own experience, this is not an advice to people who hate their full time job: leaving my day job to dedicate myself to GR it was a very crazy choice.. fortune was on my side.

But I feel to say to every designer here on Graphicriver: if you have a goal don’t give up, be patient, honest and kind.. and practice every day.. the results will come. and most important thing.. TRY TO DESIGN SOMETHING UNIQUE ! TRY TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN STYLE AND IDEAS ! DON’T COPY , GET INSPIRED !

ps: pardon me for my english errors :-)

3455 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

That’s a very cool and inspiring story :)

277 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United Kingdom
cazoobi says

Congrats man I think I must have started at a similar time, I uploaded my first item for sale just over a year ago. Its amazing how this community can improve raw talent.

All the best for another amazing year!

406 posts Powered by Two Little Angels
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
kinzi21 says

Congrats Indie for the achievement you get today, and your story is truly inspiring. I also plan to quit my day job once my goal achieved!

59 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
ninetofive says

I understand what you mean by improving with GR… About 6months ago i didnt even know what ps or 3d is.. And my mockups seem to be doing well… It means alot to every author to have their stuff on here… And i also think that this place has a lot to learn me, and i am in the 2nd day of my freelance career… Planing on doing some client work in my country and GR… Ill report in a year :)

And inspiring stuff there mister, loving your flyers!

by
by
by
by
by
by