• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
ElliotJackson says

Hey Guys,

So as most of you probably know Mountain Lion was released today. I have heard of a few people having problems with the download, especially UK folk.

My download kept stopping at 53.25MB and after a little digging found that this was the point where others were having the same problem.

I have however found a fix to get it past the dreaded 53.25MB mark. Stop your current download and make sure you delete whatever has been downloaded up until now. Now head over to http://www.hotspotshield.com and download the trial. Install, open and run the app. After that open up the app store again and start the download again. There you go, it’s fixed. At least it worked for me.

My download has been going about 5 minutes (the time it has taken me to write this) and is happily on 300MB with around 2 hours to go.

Hope this works for you :)

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Thats interesting, putting a VPN /Proxy between your connection increased your connection.. There infrastructure must not be the best then. The download would depend on the geolocation (good) but it should also detect if a location is geting overloaded and switch locations if on is better.

The method I did, I can not talk about because of rule, but a disclaimer on that, as a developer I got the OS for free anyway, but the way I did it allowed me to reach my top speed given to me via my ISP and I can pause and limit the speed any time I want.

178 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
kvendrik says

ElliotJackson, didn’t you bought a macbook like a few weeks ago? :O Well I bought mine like 4 weeks ago. If you bought yours just like mine in June or Juli then you can get Mountain Lion for free. You know that right?

81 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
ElliotJackson says

Yes I did and yes I do know that. I heard that the verification process for it takes a while and by the time I heard that I had already bought it. I assumed that as I bought my mac through my apple ID that when I “bought” it through the same ID, it would not charge me. I was wrong haha :)

178 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
kvendrik says

Yes I did and yes I do know that. I heard that the verification process for it takes a while and by the time I heard that I had already bought it. I assumed that as I bought my mac through my apple ID that when I “bought” it through the same ID, it would not charge me. I was wrong haha :)

So you got it for free anyway? :O Awesome :) My request is still pending. :(

3671 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

So you got it for free anyway? :O Awesome :) My request is still pending. :(

From what I understand, he ended up paying. If you’re getting it for free, just sit it out for a few hours (or a day) and download it as soon as the lines are calm so you don’t end up miss-clicking and accidently still pay for it :P

377 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • United States
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
GoodLayers says

Hey Guys,

So as most of you probably know Mountain Lion was released today. I have heard of a few people having problems with the download, especially UK folk.

My download kept stopping at 53.25MB and after a little digging found that this was the point where others were having the same problem.

I have however found a fix to get it past the dreaded 53.25MB mark. Stop your current download and make sure you delete whatever has been downloaded up until now. Now head over to http://www.hotspotshield.com and download the trial. Install, open and run the app. After that open up the app store again and start the download again. There you go, it’s fixed. At least it worked for me.

My download has been going about 5 minutes (the time it has taken me to write this) and is happily on 300MB with around 2 hours to go.

Hope this works for you :)

Man! You saved my ass! Thanks :D

81 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
ElliotJackson says

@Joost – I didn’t think it would charge me, I thought it would recognise my ID ;)

@GoodLayers – No problem, pleased I could help :)

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

@Joost – I didn’t think it would charge me, I thought it would recognise my ID ;) @GoodLayers – No problem, pleased I could help :)

Did it say it wont charge you if not then you were charged… if your not sure just go in to your account history and see if there is a payment.

81 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
ElliotJackson says

I know I was charged, I saw my balance go down. Oh well too late to do anything about it now :)

by
by
by
by
by
by