175 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
surjithctly says

I’m not sure how “Queued for review” helps authors. Because I already know that its in queue when I uploaded.

What Authors want is an approx. idea of when the item is going to approve. That’s what the progress bar did.

I think showing position will help in this case.

Eg: Your position: 32 / 49 => So I can easily know that 31 items need to review before mine and 17 items were added after mine.

Same like we are in a reservation queue and looking front & back to see where we are.

88 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Hezo says

Hi That’s a great think to hear. Tnx!^^

CyberwaveOrchestra
CyberwaveOrchestra Recent Posts Threads Started
97 posts
  • Located in Croatia
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
CyberwaveOrchestra says

I really don’t get all the “when will it be reviewed”, “how long will it take”, “ITS BEEN 4 DAYS!!”.

Who cares?

Submit your item and move onto creating your next, it’ll be reviewed when its reviewed and you’ll get an email.

Sitting staring at a loading bar is a waste of time.

Very true! If we all stop for a moment and think about it in realistical way, why do we even need to know the exact position of our item? It’s not like we can effect it in any way, and it’s not like we’re planning our further schedule based on the position of our submitted items. All I can say is that although the new “solution” is not basically a solution, but rather removal of a broken feature, it’s a right move by envato and it will cure me and many others from staring at a loading bar.

39 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
medium_rare says

This may ‘fix’ a problem from Envato’s perspective by stopping authors complaining about an inaccurate progress bar, but offers no more information to Authors than what was already available. We know when our items are new, held, awaiting review etc… All this change brings is less transparency of the review process.

59 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Europe
GreyFoxGR says

I dont have a problem with the progress bar… In fact i like it. But i wait for the new idea. :)

1 post
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
21min says

I still have a problem with “upload” button in my Opera … he’s disappeared!

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
561 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+1 more
LeatherwingStudios says

why say “We’re Fixing the Item Upload Progress Bar” when in fact it is “We’re Removing the Item Upload Progress Bar”?

I wish you were not removing the Upload Progress Bar. :(

3 posts
parsigroup says

hi , i think the model of review needs change not only the progress bar . in fact i think it is better that marketplace author chooses active users from all marketplaces , then this users first makes a minimum review of item and they write their opinion about the item for real reviewer , and real reviewer not needs deep check on item and real reviewer easily and fast decides to approve or reject the item.

147 posts World Director
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

hi , i think the model of review needs change not only the progress bar . in fact i think it is better that marketplace author chooses active users from all marketplaces , then this users first makes a minimum review of item and they write their opinion about the item for real reviewer , and real reviewer not needs deep check on item and real reviewer easily and fast decides to approve or reject the item.

This can’t be done because envato have only 2-3 reviewers on Themeforest (sometimes only 1) for all items. They don’t have so many people.

512 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
pixeful says

Why not to leave a progress bar, but made it like how many items are before you in queue. Hope there will be a better model soon…

by
by
by
by
by
by