42 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+2 more
caligrafx says

I’m not going to lie… I am going to miss starring at the multi-colored bars. It made be feel pretty good when they showed more green. But I am up for growth with the Envato market and excited to see what this new system will bring!!!

69 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
explora says

I can’t see how this is a fix. You are just removing it, not fixing it.

I don’t see the good news here.

6028 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Semantics, especially when the post explains in full detail, but I totally agree! We’ll continue to pay careful attention to titles to ensure that they are not misleading in any way, certainly never our intention. For the record, we used “We’re fixing the broken item upload progress bar, see how it’s changing” on the Author Dashboard so I suspect we used brevity simply for the forums. But totally understand your point, thanks again for mentioning it!

Not sure how I missed this response from staff. Anyway I understand that this is not intentional but the thread’s opening words are highly misleading: (look below, ouch!)

“It hasn’t been ideal that the Item Upload Progress Bar has been broken for a long time now, but we’re happy to report that we’ve got a solution in the works! We’d like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused many of you but wanted to give you a heads-up about the improvement on its way.”

@Staff, I wont drag this anymore but it is obvious that this thread’s opening words are causing huge confusion and this thread is linked with every author’s dashboard announcement.

32 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
mimo says

I can’t see how this is a fix. You are just removing it, not fixing it. I don’t see the good news here.

Hey Scott :)

Just found this thread, not sure if it’s been mentioned, but an ability to update the package or item page description whilst the item is in the review queue would be amazing, though this is probably beyond the scope of what this update was for.

Totally agree.

1741 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

This should be called an upload status bar rather than progress bar.

1479 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
LumenMedia says
Agree with you. This is not FIXING, this is step down.

Semantics, especially when the post explains in full detail, but I totally agree! We’ll continue to pay careful attention to titles to ensure that they are not misleading in any way, certainly never our intention. For the record, we used “We’re fixing the broken item upload progress bar, see how it’s changing” on the Author Dashboard so I suspect we used brevity simply for the forums. But totally understand your point, thanks again for mentioning it!

Not sure how I missed this response from staff. Anyway I understand that this is not intentional but the thread’s opening words are highly misleading: (look below, ouch!)

“It hasn’t been ideal that the Item Upload Progress Bar has been broken for a long time now, but we’re happy to report that we’ve got a solution in the works! We’d like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused many of you but wanted to give you a heads-up about the improvement on its way.”

@Staff, I wont drag this anymore but it is obvious that this thread’s opening words are causing huge confusion and this thread is linked with every author’s dashboard announcement.
276 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Magicpixelss says

Was this change made live? Is the progress bar removed? I haven’t uploaded any file this week and I was wondering if envato still made the change. I still hope that envato will change their mind considering all the authors before me who considered this “fix” as not a viable solution.

6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Redsanity says

I like this.. awesome!

353 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
DOGmotion says

Best of all, I like this:

Thank you so much again for your patience. We know how the broken Item Upload Progress Bar has caused confusion for many of you and we hope this new update will resolve any further confusion. We’ll swing-by this thread and add a quick update when the feature is live. Happy uploading! :)
They mock us. It sounds for me like:
“Thank you for your patience. We know how you feel yourself after a long jogging. You get tired. But now, there will be no more fatigue, because we decide to amputate your legs! We let you know when it will happen. Happy jogging – no jogging! :)
23 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Serbia
DJMiMi says

I totally agree that removing the progress bar is upgrading but degrading. I know it is not perfect but it is far better than the planning substitution. It gave some some perspective of time which was needed for the item to be approved. The status only is pretty much useless since we know that it is in the queue if submitted the item. At least add it as a profile feature and allow for the author to choose to look at the progress bar or in the text.

by
by
by
by
by
by