42 posts ozythemes.com
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
freevision says

Time is crucial. For everything. For any product release.

Seriously, coming here and saying that there’s like no way of showing any accurate info is simply non-sense. Most of us are programmers, you can’t simply throw some non-sense talk and expect us to believe and move on.

You said that even the #1 author here moves normally on the queue and doesn’t have priority so it’s simply a queue, nothing complicated. An item gets removed? Cool, update the status there. Let us know where we are. I agree that with updates thing are different, I even think they have their own queue or they are approved sooner. No problem, there’s always a pattern. We don’t need any exact data, an estimation is good enough. + or – 4 or 6 hours is okay and can be simulated pretty quick. This is not photodune, there are not 1000’s of items submitted daily(even this number is small and can be easily used to generate some patterns and do some quick algorithm for estimating how the queue will move).

It’s simple, but requires a little bit of work. Removing and adding some useless statuses takes 20 minutes at most. No offense, but this is like “Hey, let’s remove this feature that’s not working and, instead of FIXING it, let’s add some stuff here that has absolutely no sense, at least to show them that we did something instead.

If you want to fix something, fix it, don’t throw some useless stuff and expect us to melt.

There were countless solutions submitted, create another queue with approved items and release them on a hourly basis, that way we will know exactly how and when it will be approved.(delaying it, if we want, could be considered for a feature for elite authors, let’s say).

You want quality products here, on ThemeForest, where’s the quality in the updates you deliver to your own website? Seriously, you have a whole team dedicated to the coding part and this is the best you can do? This is a joke.

+1 good to have you among us :)

73 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Brainart says

Waaaaaw !! Greaat News :D

54 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
kraftives says

Process bar approach was much better , atleast authers can judge or view the total amount of item reviewed. In current scenario its a blind game for authors to keep guessing

304 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Endat says

Would be nice if “Queued for review” told the number of entries ahead of you.. “Xth in line”

Abdelrahman_El-masry
Abdelrahman_El-masry Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Egypt
Abdelrahman_El-masry says

It’s a bit of a bummer really, We’re gonna miss the old progress bar, i also doubt that these changes were necessary, but anyways . i think the best possible change for the queuing process is to get more reviewers to ensure faster reviews, some items take up to 9 days, which is really long for some authors who can’t submit more until they have solid information about the destiny of their final submission . Wish you the best :)

Abdelrahman_El-masry
Abdelrahman_El-masry Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Egypt
Abdelrahman_El-masry says

Would be nice if “Queued for review” told the number of entries ahead of you.. “Xth in line”

I think this is how the old one functioned, whatever changes they made have made this no longer possible :stress:

173 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
MsTrends says

More like FIXING by REMOVING the target feature :)

134 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
TigerModules says

Thank you for this :) I have hated that bar and massive fluxuations it made.

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

So any kind of “showing position” indicator is arbitrary and a false economy. Even if someone was at the very front of the queue, technically, other items could be reviewed before it (i.e. held and/or special circumstance items being handled by a different reviewer). It’s just the way the nature of our queues have changed.

The is my exact suggestion: Regardless of an item is on main queue or goes to held status, its position/order needs to be used. This way, the front side of queue will never fluctuate. Moves only in forward direction. The progress bar isn’t needed and we need only “how many in front”.

Assume this situation: Item X is on 10th position. All the 9 items prior to this item are in held status. In such case, the reviewer will process the itemX and it will be approved / Rejected / held. The status will be jumpy but it will always move forward. Isn’t that enough?

Btw, if you say the held status count may go around 2000 then I understand why this can’t be implemented. My assumption is the number of held status items will vary widely between different marketplaces. So just try it for marketplaces where this is feasible. Every effort towards being transparent is highly respected.

19 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+2 more
JoinWebs says

Great news, Happy to read this. Best of luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by