7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

How much time I need to wait until my melody is reviewed …. Pls respond I`m new so I don`t know :) Thanks

each time you post on forum about the review time, your melody lose 10 positions in the waiting queue.

1478 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
LumenMedia says
For Audiojungle most of time old progress bar was correct. Though sometimes it was funky.

Could someone explain how the old progress bar was helpful / could be used to plan releases?

How can a progress bar that shows 20% for 2 days and 80% for 5 days be helpful? What sort of things did the progress bar help you do?? A greasemonkey script that showed a progress bar increasing evenly over a 5-6 day period would be more accurate than the old progress bar.

There are lots of complaints on the forum (click here). Now they are fixing it, I really don’t see the problem here…
7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

that “special circumstances” will create a ton of threads. can’t wait.

“I’ve read the faq but I didn’t upload 100 items, just this one! Why is listed under “special circumstances? Please help!”

The bar was not my first choice. I like the old times with the number in queue. Loved that one: “your item is 300 from 300” and my favorite ” 1 from 300” and then the reviewer go to the beach and you wait two days till the queue moves again.

In the end it change nothing. I mean, you still need to wait for the review. If you have experience with a particular marketplace you know it takes more and less X days till your file get reviewed.

Well now is “fixed” :)

I suggest removing the “special circumstances” and “held by review team”

This tell us nothing and just creates apprehension with no reason. When is reviewed is reviewed.

Is not ideal but if you still want to give information to us then make it clear.

The reviewer may add a little bit of custom text to let you know if there are special circumstances and what those are, and you need to wait more than the average review time of the marketplace.

For example videohive. item takes 5 day to review, you need to wait 9 days:

“Your item uses plugin X that I don’t have, passed this to another reviewer who have the plugin. You need to wait a couple of days as he is on holiday.”

But now is just a smoke screen with no info. “special circumstances” what is that? “held by review team”. ok, why?

if you can, be specific if not, hide it.

1478 posts
+5 more
LumenMedia says
+1

Old progress bar not always show real time (especialy after soft-reject and resubmit) but for new items it work good in 90% of our submissions and show how many time in days we need to wait for review and this is very important. It show how busy reviewers now (maybe not accurate but it works in some way). I think better solution to keep progress bar and add current announced review steps display (in additional to progress bar). If someone does not like how progress bar work add ability to turn off this for this authors, but please don’t delete this feature for all authors or show how many items submitted for review before our item.
95 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
djwd says

Please please please re-think about that! Do not remove the old ‘good’ progress bar until some better solution takes place, true it was a bit funky sometimes but I did learn how to interpret it somehow and still found it kinda useful :)

Far from being perfect but still better than nothing, as your ‘fixing the bar’ basically means replacing it with nothing but an obvious text which says “in queue”. Oh really? (meme “Thanks for the info!” goes here) ;)

16 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
TG_Music says

Great News !!!

CrazyDiamondSound
CrazyDiamondSound Recent Posts Threads Started
22 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
CrazyDiamondSound says

Good news!

187 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
sharegokul says

Its Awesome!!

40 posts ozythemes.com
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
freevision says

Came here expecting some news about the bar being actually fixed. Did not expect it to be removed. It’s like going to the doctor saying: ”- Look doc, I broke my leg snowboarding. – Oh, I see, let’s cut it off then.”

OK, I for one can surely live without the progress bar, heck, I can live without a lot of things that I currently have in my life, but that doesn’t mean my life will be better without them. It just feels unnatural that there are certain features that people actually like or want and instead of fixing and improving them, they get replaced by other items that are different, don’t offer the same value or need improving themselves although they’re just barely out of the Envato oven.

The whole state/status is kind of irrelevant to authors. Sure, might give a little insight on the review process on marketplaces, but to me those states/statuses are more of a backend feature for the review team.

If in the process we’re talking about more than one queues, then why not give an item position for those items that are in the regular queue, the items that aren’t in any special case. Or why not give a queue position for each type of queue/state/status our items fall in?

People love an indication of time, clearly. So why not implement a simple “Average waiting time” for queues? Pick a relevant period, like “Last week”, “Last month”. Don’t go back one year or since 2010, as the average wouldn’t really represent the newer market dynamic.

Or if release time is such a huge factor for fully dedicated authors ( some authors need to be aware when a product goes live as promotion campaigns and stuff like that might rely on perfect timing ) why not let the market regulate itself. What does that mean? Well, you do your stuff, review the items, approve/reject them per case. If an item is approved, place it in author’s portfolio as “Approved” and give authors the option to go “Public” with the product whenever they see fit.

If I plan a release “campaign for Thursday” but the reviewers only push my item on Friday, I, as author have the option of delaying my own launch till next Thursday, or come up with a new plan for a next Tuesday release. That would make a lot of people happy.

Sure at first some will complain that Mondays the “New items” will be crowded, but in time it will sort itself out as people will choose release dates in respect to a better visibility or balance. That way you’ll have a lot less criticism on your hands, authors will be more in control of their own releases and in time it will lead to what you seem to want to accomplish: make the “New Items” section irrelevant and focus on product discovery through search.

In this case, no one will actually give a second thought to the progress bar and you’d actually give the states/statuses more value, more relevance. Just a thought…

Regards, Alex

I felt like you were reading my mind. Thanks for your share mate.

77 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Wpsmart says

Good news for Envato Authors.

Thanks Very much Envato :)

by
by
by
by