8 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
HawtCoffee says

Can the author flag as inappropriate all the comments that report something that isn’t working properly, criticize the slow support or point something bad about his theme?

There are many bugs and the support for customers (via tickets) is veeery slow, while for people who didn’t buy yet, the answer is almost instant.

Sounds a bit unfair but he’s actually doing it. It seems that he’s not allowing anyone to complain and is flagging all the negative comments.

525 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
Pirenko says

He can flag the comments, but the reason given will be reviewed by the staff. So, if the author has no reason to do that, the comment will raise from the dead :D

2276 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Hi!

Will look into this matter personally.

Technically, an Author flagging the comments is free to do so, but as long as they are not out of line, they’ll be back on his page and he will have to respond to them, as soon as they have been reviewed by Staff.

However if they are deemed to be detrimental to the sale of the product, they will be removed. Concerns regarding quality or other malfunctions should be reported to Support via http://support.envato.com and if the verification shows that the report is correct, the item is disabled until further notice, or until the malfunction has been corrected.

That’s why the item comments that go beyond negative feedback usually also end up being removed.

Hope this helps.

8 posts
HawtCoffee says

Thanks

266 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Vasterad says

As far as I know authors can remove (flag as inappropriate) every comment they want without reason. :P

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

As far as I know authors can remove (flag as inappropriate) every comment they want without reason. :P

Flag, yes. Get removed, not so much, at least not without a valid reason :)

p.s: Warnings on spam go out for abuse, but don’t imagine that warnings for abusive flagging don’t exist :D

8 posts
HawtCoffee says

However if they are deemed to be detrimental to the sale of the product, they will be removed.

Well i consider this bad for the community. Some negative feedback is indeed detrimental to the sale of the product, but the star rating is not enough for the customer to know what kind of problems he might have after purchasing the theme.

I read all the comments before buying a theme and depending of what people are having problems with, i eliminate the possibility of buying that theme instantly. Other kind of problems are stuff im familiar with and might buy it conscious.

Also, if people cannot give their negative feedback properly, they will find other ways to show their insatisfaction, even if they like the product partially. An example is giving the lowest rating to unbalance the total, which makes a lot of difference for products with few ratings.

3118 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

However if they are deemed to be detrimental to the sale of the product, they will be removed.

Well i consider this bad for the community. Some negative feedback is indeed detrimental to the sale of the product, but the star rating is not enough for the customer to know what kind of problems he might have after purchasing the theme.

I read all the comments before buying a theme and depending of what people are having problems with, i eliminate the possibility of buying that theme instantly. Other kind of problems are stuff im familiar with and might buy it conscious.

Also, if people cannot give their negative feedback properly, they will find other ways to show their insatisfaction, even if they like the product partially. An example is giving the lowest rating to unbalance the total, which makes a lot of difference for products with few ratings.

theres already a discussion on the rating system(actually multiple)

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/im-not-happy-i-hate-the-rate-system/90284?page=1
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

HawtCoffee,

don’t get me wrong please. The Community is one of the most important aspects for Envato, and one we love over anything else.

I clearly stated that negative feedback is acceptable, and will not be removed if it is expressed politely, as “feedback”. However, anything containing the lines “do not buy this xxxxx” or “this is c…p” cannot be considered “feedback” but rather “flaming” and will hence be removed. Those particular messages are considered to be detrimental to the sale of a product, as usually they tend to snowball into offensive disputes which have detrimental effects on item sales.

Hope this finally makes sense :)

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

...criticize the slow support

while I’m positive with not deleting comments made by buyers (everyone should be allowed to share their experience) I can’t pass over that item support is not required for the items sold on this marketplace. So complains about support should be removed and the buyer who left that type of comment should be informed by the staff about this marketplace policy.

by
by
by
by
by
by