• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
avenue28 says

Hi guys,

I’m looking into buying a new laptop – HP Envy 15. So I was wondering if any of you can pitch in and give me some advice.

Basically, I’d love to hear from anyone who is using this laptop how they feel about it. I know it has a price point near MacBooks but Mac is not for me atleast for now.

Also, I’d like to know if any of you have experience of running Adobe products on 64 bit computers and if they run well without any issues. My major work is with Flash, PHP and MySQL but I want to start learning other stuff like video editing, 3D modeling, animation, etc and so I need a really good computer.

I can buy a desktop instead of laptop, but I move frequently and so a laptop will be a better option for me.

Any input is really appreciated. Thanks.

3072 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Only windows xp for 64 bits has some issues with some software. Like Quick time or Canon’s Eos utility. Except those I didn’t had any problems. no i’m using windows 7 and works better than anything in the whole wide world :D

159 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Portugal
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
theRiviera says

I am using windows vista 64bit and all the products on the adobe pack seem to work just fine, exept for Flash CS4 .

When I create a textfield, Flash doesn’t give me the properties pannel on that textfield, and then it crashes.

I’m not sure that this is a Flash issue, but it happens very often.

492 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
avenue28 says

Thanks for the replies guys. So as I understand it, adobe products do work with 64 bit operating systems well. I’m actually new to 64 bit systems. So is there anything that I need to consider before I go ahead and purchase it? Do all 32 bit softwares work on 64 bit pc’s? I did read on the internet that there can be some issues, but I’d like to know anything really specific as a we designer/developer that I need to look out for in terms of softwares I can use and cannot use.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
Shuyinsan says

I’ve been using Vista 64-Bit and 7-64 Bit both ultimate. had CS3 and CS4 run both on 64 Bit and as far as I know only PS is 64 Bit. the rest will be installed in the Program files (x86) folder.

And yes they both worked fine no problems at all

by
by
by
by
by
by