24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
megazoor says

I downloaded this navigation – http://www.flashden.net/item/dynamic-vertical-navigation/3158 – and im trying to open the .swf inside of an empty movie container in my movie….

simple right???

well as soon as i go to publish flash cs3 crashes…. – then when i try to open the .FLA for the navigation file i downloaded, flash crashes again, then when i try to open the project file again flash crashes again,

i have to start over re open fresh flash – re import the psd – and make a new container and try to open the nav.swf thru that again and as soon as i publish it crashes again…

any ideas?? im going to bang my head on my desk hold on…

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

I am hating flash cs3 for a month now because it crashes a lot.

I worked on two projects on windows for my clients who had mac. So whenever I delivered them the source files and they tried to publish their own, they always got some strange results.

24 posts
megazoor says

yea – well i had a macbook – then i tried to drop 1000$ on a hackintosh and after 3 weeks of fighting with leopard install disks i am back to windows xp and i want to kill myself….

im guessing windows is proabbly the issue where if i had osx this wouldnt be happening wtf

still – any solutions to this – is it possible to bring this file into your project without opening the swf externally?

Joel

535 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
seifip says

XP probably is the issue :) Try Vista ;) I’m using it for more than one year already (+alpha’s&betas before) and I had nearly no crash during this time

24 posts
megazoor says

vista…... i know i have problems but are they really this bad?:

24 posts
megazoor says

anyone know a good fast reliable torrent to upgrade xp to vista?

thx

166 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
johnhoysa says

joeldalmas - Sounds like an issue i had at work. We would move the folder to our desktop and work from there. this would usually happen when working with FLVs but might be a bug that happens in general. Also we are using XP so hopefully this post was helpful.

SaafiDesign - I have never had any issues moving MAC files to the PC and vice versa. I use MAC at home and PC at work and moving files back and forth is a breeze.

What sort of errors occur? I am interested only so i know what to watch out for in the future.

932 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
JWG says

The only time I had trouble with Flash crashing was with Flash 8 on a power mac. So, I bought Flash CS3 and run it on an intel MacBook Pro and I have had NO trouble. Actually, thats a lie. I do have trouble with my actions panel sometimes. If I try to re-position it, I loose some of the pieces of the panel. Sounds strange I know but it’s no big deal. These days I spend very little time on the stage anyway.

24 posts
megazoor says

drug the files to the desktop and still crashing – =(

166 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
johnhoysa says

possibly change folder name as well. or create new folder for it hangout in while working on the files.

by
by
by
by
by
by