• Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+6 more
MarcoSecchi Reviewer says

...when I’m able to develop a tool like this for Photoshop in Flex, it just gives me a good feeling ;)

http://thebitcave.com/2012/12/31/android-resizer-toolkit-documentation/
4136 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Nice extension Marco ….

But regarding your statement “Flash may be dead, but… “ let me organize this for you, if flash will be dead, Flex will be in the grave way way before “Flash may be dead, but… “ :P

372 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Staff
+6 more

Unfortunately Flex is already in the grave… the Apache project seems to be going nowhere…

Anyway… it’s still fun to play with it sometimes…

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

I don’t touch flex anymore “fun” is not something that generate money for me this days :P .

But you know i did a work today for a company, they ask me to do a vector banner animation in flash for their website, took me 90 minutes on the making and $160 work val` and it wasn’t fun at all for me ,more as a feeling i am doing 5 years old stuff again like back in the late 90s :P

66 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • China
yuanhao_viva says

now my mainly work is doing some web photoshop app,seems flash is still hot on this area.
so we are not unemployed for a while.

372 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Staff
+6 more

I don’t touch flex anymore “fun” is not something that generate money for me this days :P . But you know i did a work today for a company, they ask me to do a vector banner animation in flash for their website, took me 90 minutes on the making and $160 work val` and it wasn’t fun at all for me ,more as a feeling i am doing 5 years old stuff again like back in the late 90s :P

At the moment I’m working on some ebooks made in Flex, that still generates some revenue for me, but I don’t know how long will it last :)

Still, I’ve heard in London there’s much request for Flex developers (banks, etc…). It seems no developer wants to risk on this technology anymore…

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

Good morning Marco(you go sleep late and get up early in the morning :P sound like me ) ,I think we are exaggerate about the topic ,there is still lots of work demand in the area just not much for freelancing work like we use to have.

The most demanded topic in flash/flex today is anything that involve Adobe media sever, i get lots of request, thing is its not and easy topic, and its time consuming, but overall i get more and more request for complex projects ,look like many companies try to cut the salary fee of full time flash/flex dev` and look for freelancing solution, and it doesn’t work for them .

Also i know in Brazil (I am in Israel now) the amount of project flash/flex tender in media is increasing dramatic, look like the in WC Flash media sever will be all over …

Regarding flash game and Adobe new direction i can say now for sure it’s a failure.

Me ? i just try to focuses more and more on the mobile world ,this is one sector i think i have the room to make good cash ….. But overall flash will be just a hobby for me as i am really trying to get out of the industry and do something else

372 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Staff
+6 more

Good morning to you ;) Eh, my wife gets up very early for work… so I have to :P

Regarding flash game and Adobe new direction i can say now for sure it’s a failure.

Well… I totally agree…

Me ? i just try to focuses more and more on the mobile world ,this is one sector i think i have the room to make good cash ….. But overall flash will be just a hobby for me as i am really trying to get out of the industry and do something else

Me too… That’s why I’m using my Flex knowledge to build tools that suit my new Android developing needs ;)

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

my wife gets up very early for work… so I have to :P
Now how many time she told you; man i wish i have your job, staying home all day not doing much, except for pressing on the keyboard and making money :P
372 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Staff
+6 more

:D

by