• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

For those who are still in the loop, FP 11 .4 and AIR 3 .4 just get released recently:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/08/flash-player-11-4-and-air-3-4.html

Notable features:

• ActionScript Workers (Flash Player)
  • Sandbox Bridge support (Flash Player)
  • Stage3D “constrained” profile for increased GPU reach (Flash Player and AIR )
  • LZMA support for ByteArray (Flash Player and AIR )
  • StageVideo attachCamera/Camera improvements (Flash Player and AIR )
  • Compressed texture with alpha support for Stage3D (Flash Player and AIR )
  • Direct AIR deployment using ADT (AIR)
  • Push Notifications for iOS (AIR)
  • Ambient AudioPlaybackMode (AIR)
  • Exception Support in Native Extensions for iOS (AIR)
  • New option in ADT to list the attached mobile devices (AIR)

The biggest feature in this release is Actionscript Worker (concurrency, threading) which leverages power of multi core processor that allows Flash runtime to execute multiple tasks simultaneously. Hardcore coder will love this, concurrency will increase UI responsiveness and create smoother user experience (ex. mp3 encoding in the background without freezing UI).

From what I see, Adobe is pushing hard to improve Flash Player as the best game development platform for the desktop web.

On mobile side, AIR also get updated with new features frequently. The runtime is becoming more mature compared to what it was one year ago. There are 20k AIR apps and games on the AppStore, Google Play and BlackBerry Playbook marketplace. Showcase

Machinarium is #1 iPad game in 12 countries developed with AIR

So, what should be direction for traditional Flash developer/designer with all these new strategies changing from Adobe ?

1. You can jump on game development (assume that you actually like game development). Comparing to Unity which has been in the industry for years, Flash is taking baby step, slow but steady. Lack of good tooling is a downside currently.

2. App development with AIR : there are a few success stories that developer manage to achieve very high income from iOS, Android and Playbook. Not everyone are able to pull it off but you never know if you don’t at least try.

3. Interactive content, animation, rich user experience: Checkout CreateJS toolkit which has native toolkit support in Flash Professional. The toolkit provides very similar API to AS3 display list. This will help you migrate your actionscript skill to html canvas world more transparent and easily.

66 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • China
yuanhao_viva says

i just hope there can be more and more great air app.so i can communicate with more people.im studying this alone :(

767 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
outandouter says

Good stuff. I was working on an AIR game for iOS using AIR 3 .4 beta and right when we were ready to launch, they launched the final version.

194 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
FWDesign says

Who cares anymore…

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

Epic 150k USD prize game contest

Serious money folks !

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

i just hope there can be more and more great air app.so i can communicate with more people.im studying this alone :(

You can always post question in forum. Our marketplace does not directly target AIR but relevant concern about AS3 API and Flash Player are welcome.

Complete list of new features: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/flashplayer-air-feature-list.html

8226 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Who cares anymore…

those who aren’t so naive ;)

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Who cares anymore…
If you wouldn’t care you wouldn’t visit here anymore, but you keep coming back ,or in my word you suffer from flash html5 dissociative identity disorder and just let you know there is no cure for this disease :P , also just let you know the second stage for this disease is major html5 depressive disorder.

Well that is my diagnosis regarding you FWD :P but don’t worry bro` you have our deep sympathy man :P .

thx Rim for the info ,personal i am so off from any flash this days …... but i still love anything that regarding flash

194 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
FWDesign says

“flash html5 dissociative identity disorder”

Hahaha this is so funny :), I guess you are right I miss the flash days but we must move on!

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

^Your new template on the other enemy website, the one like your old flash template is really amazing the way you did it like your flash template.

But i am still puzzle why those so call html like flash don’t do well, and the fact i don’t see many trying to mimic it as so call flash template in html, look like the market is fix on the way they want to see there HTML .

by
by
by
by
by
by