27 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
zlac says

What would be the fastest way to covert a Flash app to a standalone app that would work on desktop and mobile devices? Is there any ? :) Thanks

138 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+5 more
ram64 says

Using Adobe AIR maybe?

27 posts
+4 more
zlac says
alexxcz said
Using Adobe AIR maybe?

Yeah I know AIR is for desktop apps, but I didn’t use it yet. How difficult is to convert an existing Flash app to an AIR app? For example a slide show that is configured via xml and loads images externally. How to make it work cross platform ? Any resource on this subject is welcome :)

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

For EXEs, you could try SWF to EXE programs. Not sure if they require FlashPlayer to be installed.

810 posts We're a nice team!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ThemeFocus says

Yes,swf to exe files also need flash player or AIR run it. :)

1161 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
FlashTang says

MDM ZINC again

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
zlac said
alexxcz said
Using Adobe AIR maybe?
For example a slide show that is configured via xml and loads images externally. How to make it work cross platform ? Any resource on this subject is welcome :)
You know with all those plug-ins/apps web offered people forget how things can be simple.

You can take almost any application (like AD submission) for example banners/slideshow atc ` almost any flash app` and migrate it in to a native app for the desktop in a few simple steps using Air in your flash IDE .

But for example let’s say you take mp3 player made in flash over the web and shifted to AIR unless you don’t care about it, but using xml has no logic for the song list cos` on every update you will make on the song list you will have to update the xml ,so you need to take other approach like auto read from a folder and not from the xml on any xml list management . But again the migration to AIR is very simple and i can’t think of any better simple solution as to native AIR , unless you don’t have any flash skills what’s so ever, and its look like you do have skills .

So don’t be lazy :P dirt your hands with some AIR , maybe I should make a tutorial about this topic ….but i am way to lazy.

edit .

here i found you a tutorial .

http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/air/create-your-own-adobe-air-application-with-flash/ .

you just need to skip most of the steps there cos you already have a working file ,just look how to rap it with Air

138 posts
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+5 more
ram64 says
zlac said
How difficult is to convert an existing Flash app to an AIR app?

I’m not sure, never used AIR . But since it’s still AS3 and the API is almost identical to Flash I think there are few little changes that you need to make. Maybe the user imput would be different on mobile devices (like touch events instead of mouse events) or loading images from the disk etc.

31 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SMeesters says

To create an EXE (or .app in Mac OS) just open up the SWF and use Create Projector. This is only for desktop but works pretty well, it basically packages the flash player and your app inside one executable.

27 posts
+4 more
zlac says
tsafi said
zlac said
alexxcz said
Using Adobe AIR maybe?
For example a slide show that is configured via xml and loads images externally. How to make it work cross platform ? Any resource on this subject is welcome :)
You know with all those plug-ins/apps web offered people forget how things can be simple.

You can take almost any application (like AD submission) for example banners/slideshow atc ` almost any flash app` and migrate it in to a native app for the desktop in a few simple steps using Air in your flash IDE .

But for example let’s say you take mp3 player made in flash over the web and shifted to AIR unless you don’t care about it, but using xml has no logic for the song list cos` on every update you will make on the song list you will have to update the xml ,so you need to take other approach like auto read from a folder and not from the xml on any xml list management . But again the migration to AIR is very simple and i can’t think of any better simple solution as to native AIR , unless you don’t have any flash skills what’s so ever, and its look like you do have skills .

So don’t be lazy :P dirt your hands with some AIR , maybe I should make a tutorial about this topic ….but i am way to lazy.

edit .

here i found you a tutorial .

http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/air/create-your-own-adobe-air-application-with-flash/ . you just need to skip most of the steps there cos you already have a working file ,just look how to rap it with Air

Thanks for your answer, that’s what I was looking for :)

I also fount out that its possible to just publish an existing Flash project to win projector(exe) or mac projector with Flash IDE .

by
by
by
by
by
by