3750 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says
Flash-Bob said
I want to survive. No one answered bobocel’s question. What should we do?

I think we all did. But after the answer, we couldn’t resist to debate about our favourite boring theme. :P

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says
tsafi said
bobocel said
. We at Vuzum, had NO project as a full flash website in 2011 so far. We did Flash, for Facebook apps, for Custom Tshirt Apps, for Cropping faces and placing them on top of other images, and stuff like this, that can only be done in Flash, TODAY . But NO flash website.

I don’t know man some think the othre way Demian Borba actual think it’s the best year for flash developers, now that’s the real world ,some say.

http://vimeo.com/channels/fla

They do some great stuff mostly in game/ interactive work it’s a small medium flash/ develop agency they do WP HTML , CSS, jQuery and crap like that but flash is there main thing (they did Coca-Cola so i don’t if its small) team of 3-4 flashers so the world doesn’t look that dark and the fact they are Brazilian add point`s :P ,so as i know Spain where never a great place for flashers i think Pez can back me up on this .

Actual something i can’t explain in Brazil there is so call of mini flash trend, flash is getting bigger in Brazil and i can’t explain this, come to the next flash event see how crazy in popularity flash is here.

http://www.adobecampbrasil.com.br/

I’ll check the links, thanks! :)

8281 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

A good developer doesn’t use one tool, he uses the correct tool.

Fulll websites shouldn’t be made within Flash anymore because the browsers are raising their game with regard to JS and CSS performance. The whole HTML5 thing is a load of rubbish, it’s just the video tag, canvas and a different doctype and the video tag has been around for the last two years?! Everything else isn’t HTML5 , they’re part of different specifications. Web sockets, local storage, geolocation, all aren’t HTML5 .

I was at a Flash Conference (FOTB) this past week and actually attended a JS workshop to see what all the fuss was about. It’s a disgusting language to use, reminds me of the early AS2 days :P However, Flash is not dying and the “introduction” of the video tag is not going to kill it. It’s a tool for making games and RIA , not websites.

I do agree however that the days of making huge sums of money from stock flash are over since that market isn’t required anymore – you can blame the browser vendors for that.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

I think AIR mobile is a promising opportunity for flash developers, exactly same skill set and you can export your app to multiple devices.

Don’t forget Adobe MAX is coming, I hope they will have some surprises for us, beside Stage3D and AIR3 .

In the meantime, doing some jQuery thing to survive :-) It hurts ego but there is no much choices sadly.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
MSFX said
A good developer doesn’t use one tool, he uses the correct tool.

Now .. why we must all pick on pezflash, huh? Leave the guy alone!

142 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Flash-Bob says
RimV said
In the meantime, doing some jQuery thing to survive :-) It hurts ego but there is no much choices sadly.

It hurts. Really hurts so much.

And the funny thing is clients are asking for flash like effects with html 5 / jquery.

Something wants to be like the original, but copycats cant beat the original.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
RimV said
Don’t forget Adobe MAX is coming,

So? I don’t think they will tell you nothing you don’t already know Rim`(unless more info about fp11) and they will keep glory Flash Pro CS5 .5, optimizes content, content on Android, iOS and then mobile, mobile and more mobile, and we all know Apple reversed their 1.3.3 stipulation allowing for apps to be created with third-party programs (such as Flash Pro and Flash Builder).

So I don’t know about surprises.

Did you know a bundle pass for the MAX is around $2000, now everyone know why flashers charge so much ….

1633 posts fueledweb.com
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says
tsafi said
RimV said
Don’t forget Adobe MAX is coming,

So? I don’t think they will tell you nothing you don’t already know Rim`(unless more info about fp11) and they will keep glory Flash Pro CS5 .5, optimizes content, content on Android, iOS and then mobile, mobile and more mobile, and we all know Apple reversed their 1.3.3 stipulation allowing for apps to be created with third-party programs (such as Flash Pro and Flash Builder).

So I don’t know about surprises.

Did you know a bundle pass for the MAX is around $2000, now everyone know why flashers charge so much ….

C’mon let be more optimistic haha :D

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

^I am just realistic not optimistic :P but don’t worry i am a flasher just like you and i am doing just fine in the real world ,but that 0,0,0,0,0 in sales for most of the last 2 weeks submission here ,i am sure it is a horrible situation for most flashers here, and if you don’t have a solid base client you are screw, but i am not worry good flasher`s will always have a job …. not like Matt say cool website for me is in the flash ,music,photographer and cool complex interactive stuff flash is still a triumph for me.

Ok you can locked it now :P

by
by
by
by
by
by