905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

Hi everyone I will buy the most expensive file the first person has in there portfolio who can help me think of the solution. Thanks.. :)

Hi Everyone.. I have a flash banner rotator file using xml that gets embedded into a worpdress post via a swfobj embed pluggin. Usually when this happens the .swf pretends it is in the root directory of the wordpress website where the index.php is. meaning all the xml files need to be in the root directory too work i guess.. however is there a way to put flash into a wordpress post but allow it to act as if it is in the folder it is in and not get sucked all the way into the root of the website..

I am curious because I need to use a flash banner with a xml file multiple times in a project and the client who will be uploading these will not have flash and will not be able to tell flash to load different xml files. So because wordpress pulls flash into the root of website the xml and images need to be in root meaning the client can not duplicate my banner and xml because there will already be files in the root with those names or if I leave the xml and images in a folder the flash cant find the content once embeded in the post..

I will buy the most expensive file anyone has in there portfolio who can help me think of the solution.

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

ok I think I learned how to do it using this flash wordpress pluggin and the base class option

http://kimili.com/plugins/kml_flashembed/wp

just thought I would post it in case anyone else hits this issue.. problem solved

by
by
by
by
by
by