• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Uruguay
_rg_ says

In some stock image web sites, if you upload an image and that kind of image don´t fill some quality, is rejected. Also if they have lot´s of images of “globes”, they don´t acept more “globes” images. Here files only are rejected by copyright issues…. this is agains me too, who will decide what is quality? how to decide if is good or not?

i mean, with an image is easy, but with a flash item is not so simple, you must test it for a while to know that… and i supose that´s why users could vote if are pleased with the file. And if a file has more votes is because it has good quality or at least works as users needs.

But is hard, we could be democratic and leave all as is it, anybody could upload anything, spite of quality, or, we put a line to cross about it. I don´t know what is best for everybody.

Is like art, what is beatifull and what is not? How decide it?

So this till here this is a neutral opinion, but i´m an author, i supose this kind of things must be decided more by users and potential buyers than us, like mich1s comments are very interesting, and i agree with him. Spite be against anyone, i could see too, there are many new files that has poor quality and i realy think they don´t are usable at all. But is my opinion, and maybe someone don´t think same. May be quality is poor, but code and usability is great… and so on.

So is not only quality, and, again, who decide it?

I´m not trying to give a solution, just give my point of view as an author.

I think, may be we could have diferent levels of “quality” files, so you could search throw, premium, high, medium, low… etc quality files. Some thing like the votes, but i sincerely think votes are not working as it suposed to be just because is very relative if an user vote or not a file, isn´t? Many times is done, and many times is not, because the user, in realy, don´t care (at least the most of the times) about it. Is a reality. Me as an author can understand it, and the times i bougth some item i make a vote according this taking in care what i know a vote could do, but the common user don´t think in this.

The idea of delete files that, for a long time, nobody buy could be a good idea, buy in that case author and buyier must be advised with a limit time to do something and don´t lose the file for ever. I don´t know, stuff must have real statics of every file, so, for example, if nobody buy a particular item for.. let´s say one year, ok delete it.

Also, flashDen could make some advertisement campaing to make users vote more the files, to give them conscience about how it could be a good thing for the site, for him and for the future quality files…. got the point?

Reviwers could know, i´m completly sure they are able, to notice when a file has “quality” and when is not but you can´t know if the file will crash in some kind of circunstances or something only the past time and the users will notice. Is suposed this is reflected by price, “quality”, but i don´t think this is working completly fine, i could see, and eveybody could, many times price is not according to quality, like i said is not only quality…. i repeat is a hard job, who is perfetct to do such thing?

ok, i leave it there…..

Also i´m not agree in the part of pointing any author or file in particular, for the good or for the bad.

688 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Uruguay
_rg_ says

by collins in: http://activeden.net/forums/thread/about-authors-giving-away-stuff-to-promote-items/4170?page=1

As an addon though, I should point out that you can still promote items in lots of other ways:

• Having really great help files
  • Testimonials
  • You could build a minisite to link back to your FlashDen portfolio and get it into some design portals
  • Branding your thumbnails and previews
... lots of other things, that’s just the first four that popped into my head :-)

here we have something important, right now you could upload an item without help in any place, you could do it as it is, only the fla, no code, no help, and is fine…. may be this could be changed as a requisit for upoload.

2309 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
theflyingtinman says
ps – maybe Flashden could make something like they have on Amazon where people can put up lists of their favourite components. Like must have pre-loaders, 20 favourite image galleries, etc? I know we could browse through everything, but sometimes you miss stuff and it’d be interesting to get people’s favourites and comments on why they are…....idea?

People could set up their own lists of favorite purchases as publicly viewable bookmarks : like this

Then if you notice someone seems to make consistently good recommendations you can go to their profile and see what else they are impressed with.

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

let the people/buyers to use the search feature, ratings and comments from files to make a decision/purchase… advertising & shift makes only spam & trouble…

744 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
fisch79 says

Remove every file that has not had more than 10 purchases in a 6 month period ;)

496 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JType says

I might be wrong about this, but I’m sure that FlashDen already have an annual file review policy. (Sorry if this has been mentioned already)

I don’t think anyone here can really complain about the quality of any file, unless it breaks copyright policy.

If you don’t think the file is up to the standard of quality that you particularly want, then dont buy it.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
RimmonTrieu Reviewer says

If I’m not wrong, after 2 years FD will consider to remove any file that is not selling well.

422 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
vahid Staff says

We have just started creating reports of 1 year old Items that have not sold anything so that we can review for quality/price etc. Only – there are not many Items turned up because most of the Items on FD are new not even 1 year old yet. :D I guess we have to reduce the time scale to 9 months and then maybe 6 months. I can’t imagine shorter than that though. Anyway, we will be contacting some authors soon – but this is only the very first, small step which will be taken slowly.

Another area we can work on is in documentation. I think apart from very simple Items, every Flash Item should now really have good, complete documentation including comments in the code. This is something that we will be moving towards very soon.

Lastly, we can improve search capabilities – the library is much larger than when we first started and although we have improved search 3 times now, there is still lots of room for improvement – as I keep hearing from the forums and through submissions to support.

Tagged browsing would also be cool – but not happening anytime soon.

496 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
JType says

@ RimV: Ok, my mistake ;) , it’s a bi-annual file review policy.

245 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
Jun Staff says
In some stock image web sites, if you upload an image and that kind of image don´t fill some quality, is rejected. Also if they have lot´s of images of “globes”, they don´t acept more “globes” images. Here files only are rejected by copyright issues…. this is agains me too, who will decide what is quality? how to decide if is good or not?

Hi arriba, We don’t just reject files that beach copyright, any files that don’t meet our standards also gets rejected.

Who will decide what is quality? Well it comes down to a few main points: 1-Quality of Coding 2-Usefulness 3-Design

by
by
by
by
by
by