123 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
egobuilders says

Anyone besides me notice REPEATEDLY how an item will get approved a day or two before your own item (we all know it takes 5 days to get approved) with the exact same concept as yours on an original idea and almost the exact same wording from your file?

When I say “exact same concept” I DON ’T mean “XML Gallery” – I’m talking about original ideas that have never been done before on FlashDen, and there just COINCIDENTALLY happens to be the exact same concept approved a day or two before yours on EACH TIME YOU UPLOADED SOMETHING ?

Also, it’s always by a random member who joined several months ago and has absolutely NOTHING ELSE in their portfolio…

Also, “their” version is a watered down version of your component which could easily be thrown together in a few hours (it’s never an “alternative” version or “more advanced” version, but always a simple, much more basic version of your component)...

If it was a gallery or music player, it would blend right in. But when they’re original ideas and they appear a day or two before yours EACH TIME YOU SUBMIT SOMETHING , it starts to look fishy!

755 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
skyplugins says

Can you give us a link? so we can check the files that you’ve mentioned.

2115 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
fifty_tons says

an example would be nice :)

123 posts
+1 more
egobuilders says

I’m not pointing fingers at anybody, I’m just asking if this has happened to anyone :)

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Ego,

I understand your statement, but I can personally vouch for the rest of the reviewers when I say that your worry absolutely NEVER happens. The review team is built of trusted individuals that have all been with Envato for a very long time.

Additionally if a reviewer were to make a file after seeing your file, it would not be approved before yours, we do not allow skipping of files for any unnecessary reasons. If there is a file that is similar to yours that gets approved first, it was because it was uploaded first.

Hope that helps.

449 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
dxc says

Never. Though you have some cool stuff I don’t see any “original ideas that have never been done before on FlashDen.” It, so far, seems to be stuff that is similar to other things that get uploaded on a relatively regular basis. I’m not bashing your stuff, just saying it could easily be coincidence.

123 posts
+1 more
egobuilders says

I was just asking if this has happened to anybody. If this has happened to anyone, please post a reply here.

50 posts twomediaxthemes
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
2mediax says

I agree that could easily be coincidence. It happens to have the same idea, we are millions around the world. :)

2309 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
I’m not pointing fingers at anybody, I’m just asking if this has happened to anyone :)

Okay, so without pointing fingers at whomever you suspect of ripping off your ideas, which of your files do you believe appeared in a “watered down” version just before they were approved? You did imply, if not claim explicitly, that this has happened to you, repeatedly :

Anyone besides me notice REPEATEDLY how an item will get approved a day or two before your own item ...
1552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

yeah , show some examples , or forget it …....

by
by
by
by
by
by