374 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
MarcoSecchi Envato team says
Can we post files created only with FlashDevelop and Flex SDK or do we have to include FLA , so the user can compile the code in the Flash IDE ?
I know this question is for the support but I feel like a few more people use FlashDevelop here, so they might be interested in the answer.

Hi komapeb, you can post pure FlashDevelop project (there are already some in the marketplace). They should be submitted in the “flex” category.

There are some simple rules to follow, so they can also be opened also by flex builder users (if you have any questions just contact me and I will happily give you these ints)

marco

31 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ugotsta says
you can post pure FlashDevelop project (there are already some in the marketplace). They should be submitted in the “flex” category. There are some simple rules to follow, so they can also be opened also by flex builder users (if you have any questions just contact me and I will happily give you these ints)

I had to think about that one for a second and then remembered that Flex Builder actually can be used for pure Actionscript projects, so it seems completely reasonable. I’ve used FlashDevelop for Actionscript projects in the past instead of Flex Builder simply because its much more lightweight and loads far faster. I prefer to use Flex Builder for strictly Flex projects, though.

On another note, has anyone tried to compile to .swf with FlashDevelop and then use a Flash decompiler to generate a .fla? I imagine the .fla might be difficult to understand for the end-user, but perhaps not?

Regards, David

by
by
by
by
by
by