7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
lornalily says

Hello,

Hoping you can shed some light. I have the Flex theme and I have ‘easy digital downloads’ plugin. Please have a look at my site and down the bottom you will notice a messy look. it is not like my normal blog style pages. it has no comment section and it’s all pushed to one side and the rest black.

Can you tell me what to do to fix it please?

my page is

http://feedingkids.tv/downloads/feeding-kids-ebook/

hope to hear from anyone who can help

thanks

lorna

3363 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Looks like you probably have an extra closing div tag in your post content. You should check your HTML.

Also, please don’t type in all caps – it is considered yelling. I’ve updated the title accordingly.

7 posts
lornalily says

Also, please don’t type in all caps – it is considered yelling. I’ve updated the title accordingly.

Sorry I didn’t’ realise :)

7 posts
lornalily says

Looks like you probably have an extra closing div tag in your post content. You should check your HTML.

the difference I notice is their is no option to make the blog post download page – in an image format – the formats option for standard – image – video is not offered on the digital downloads post. Do you need to have access to my site and the admin so you can see what I mean?

cheers

lorna

7 posts
lornalily says

Hi Steven,

Thank you, my friend followed your instructions and when he actually added a div tag. it fixed the look of the page – but not the format option issue.

What is happening between your flex theme and the easy digital downloads? I would like the ebook page to be in the same image format as the other posts.

I really would appreciate some advice to pass onto my friend in how to rectify this format issue.

Thank You ! :)

407 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
PaddyTaylor says

I do not think Sevenspark is the author of the Flex theme – he is just a moderator in the community and as an experienced developer was able to spot the error in your site.

Regarding your question about easy digital downloads – you need to contact the AUTHOR of the Flex theme (profile found on the right hand side of the item page).

Just a heads up as you are talking about an external plugin they may only be able to shed limited light on the situation as the plugin is not their code and obviously it is impossible to guarantee a theme here will work with all plugins.

The developers behind the download plugin would be worth you talking to also.

The reason the pages/elements look different is because most are being controlled by the code behind the Flex theme, whereas the download elements you are adding via the plugin is pulling in different designs from the plugin’s specific code.

To match these up would require some modification of the CSS etc. This is a customisation which you may do, or you can hire a freelancer but would not come under the banner of support for the theme.

Hope that all helps

7 posts
lornalily says

Thanks Paddy,

I will contact the themes designer and the plugin designer. You are very kind for directing me on my next move :)

by
by
by
by
by
by