132 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
designaholic says

Flex has some amazing apps I have been noticing lately randomly throughout the web. After browsing around I noticed there are no Flash Den style sites that sell Flex components. Does Flash Den allow Flex? and if not do you think there will be a Flex Site which has files that are purchasable?

This site had some great ones – http://flex.org/showcase/

409 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
arctic_ark says

I’m curious too…Flex is rather new it seems, can Flex be delivered directly within a flash file and then put for sale at the Den?

691 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
geoken says

I’m not sure you guys understand what Flex is. It’s basically a different language for creating swf’s. In Flex you use actionscript and MXML to create your project. You use the AS for the advanced scripting and you use MXML for component instantiation. Flex uses the exact same classes as flash.

132 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
designaholic says

Thanks geoken. yea i read alittle about it anlooks great to me. Im taking a Flex class at the end of the month and cant wait. Whhoo

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Flex is going to be HUGE . I think it will surpass flash in some aspects of the field. For business, def. Just the ability to create apps that function like very powerful database tools and then publish them with AIR to allow local installation is MAJOR .

There was talk about allowing flex and I believe one day it will be. It was a matter of if any of our reviewers were able to review flex apps. And the discussion went on but I think eventually we will have flex…but at the moment…FD does not support Flex. There is nothing stopping you from creating apps now, and then when FD allows it, dropping a 30 file upload in one shot! HEHE

691 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
geoken says

Just to re-iterate, there is not a single thing you can do in Flex that you can’t do with Flash since Flex and Flash both use the exact same base classes.

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

flex is nothing but a big library of components for flash (actionscript 3) + an easy to understand language that manages them. :P

by
by
by
by
by
by