woah! thats alot!

108 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
QuanticaLabs says

It’s just marketing ;-) In fact, if each and every user had 1TB of photos flickr couldn’t handle it. It’s likely shared space and works only because most of the users use about 10% of available disk space or even less.

223 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
KBRmedia says

It’s just marketing ;-) In fact, if each and every user had 1TB of photos flickr couldn’t handle it. It’s likely shared space and works only because most of the users use about 10% of available disk space or even less.

Exactly! There is no way someone can fill up all that space. Even if you are a crazy photographer/uploader, by the time you reach that number, new technologies will be developed and 1TB will be nothing. I, personally, can barely fill my 10 GB dropbox space :)

1847 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+13 more
SamBerson says

I, personally, can barely fill my 10 GB dropbox space :)

On my computer, I’ve almost filled 2TB but on Dropbox, haven’t even filled 500MB!

1724 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+6 more
Firsh says

They do 1TB like grid hostings advertise ‘unlimited’. They know that 99.9% of users, casual users won’t use up (yet alone UPLOAD) all the one Terabyte, even 100GB (I don’t even have a photo collection that big and that’s all my private photos of 10+ years), and the few ones that do, well their storage is paid off by pro accounts and whatnot. I think it’s a similar concept to CrashPlan

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

They do 1TB like grid hostings advertise ‘unlimited’. They know that 99.9% of users, casual users won’t use up (yet alone UPLOAD) all the one Terabyte, even 100GB (I don’t even have a photo collection that big and that’s all my private photos of 10+ years), and the few ones that do, well their storage is paid off by pro accounts and whatnot. I think it’s a similar concept to CrashPlan

+1

Many hosting service is using the same trick to keep old users while gather new users. Unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth. They know that most users hardly use up 1TB, but everyone would have more space to expand their gallery. When the user’s portfolio is just too big to move to another service, users would just stick to flickr.

7776 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

hopefully they will issues with the site. Every 2 minutes it gives me a bad panda screen “something gone wrong we working on” page.

1 terabyte is great but it doesn’t matter if you can’t browse the website. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by