• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
OneManBand says

Have you seen it?

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/09/14/tc50-fluidhtml-wants-to-rewrite-the-web-with-flash-like-html/

FluidHTML is a new server-side markup language that hopes to merge Flash-like functionality with the easier-to-use HTML language. It extends HTML including new tags to automatically include flash content like mediaplayers (or whatever, it’s extensible), all of this customizable via css and SEO friendly, deeplinking included, and some other goodies.

Sounds really great, the only downside is this one ( a big one ): it’s free to developers, but Websites deploying FluidHtml will pay a tiered annual licensing fee according to the number of visits on the site. Pricing starts at less than under $100 per year for the world’s majority of low-traffic sites.

What do you guys think about this? Will it triumph? Will something else similar (but free and opensource) get the cake?

8194 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

seems to be a javascript engine that uses plugins, much like the idea at show it .

I love the line:

“1. Address the search and deeplinking problems of Flash? so we can use Flash for websites.”

And then they use SWFAddress like the rest of us do :D lol

surely it’d just be cheaper to get a stock solution from here if you have to pay traffic fees? :?

7207 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

that article its made by someone who have no idea what’s all about.

For example

“Aside from just Flash, Fhtml is also going up against Silverlight another Adobe framework, Flex.”

So I have to believe that Silverlight its another Adobe Framework. So what’s with that Flex after the comma? :|

And anyway what a server language have to do with Flex and AIR . Yes, they forget to mention AIR . Maybe because the author have no idea what’s talking about.

I always love when new technology are developed. That’s a good thing. But for some people its all reducing to “oh, this new technology will just blow out ALL the technology on the market”.

Intelligent question:

“How does this compare with HTML 5 ?

MC: I expect HTML 5 is a big leap forward, but what happens after that?”

Maybe HTML 6 . Oh, and the HTML its free.

“Q: Making Flash searchable is a big plus, but getting developers to switch their language is tough, how do you deal with that?

JK: The product is free to developers. And we think it opens them up to be more creative than HTML , while not having to deal with some difficulties of Flash.”

Yeah, and to use this, web companies have to pay a rising fee, that will then throw up on the neck of the clients. I think some website owner will be more than happy to pay for any new visitor they get on the site. When html and flash were free to use.

“MC: It runs at the full speed of Flash too.”

That’s not a good thing. Really.

The video its awesome, also. Tech problems on this sort of conference arise frequently but anyway they are awesome. Server not found! :D Bum! Watch the face! O, I forget to plug the network cable. Or, maybe use, windows?

(I know about the wireless, I just joking here).

As I said, its great when new technology are developed so I wish them luck.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Will be a failure IMO .

All respect to this App and Adobe but the key is in the developer’s hand. There is so many things going on with flash platform this days and there APP is base on HTML tag, that’s all i need now, on each new browser update there will be more problem for me base on there APP . And any way they didn’t even talk to Adobe about there new Html Tag nice way to start changing the internet world (: If its not in the hand of Adobe they can say by by .

8194 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says