• Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
chrisatlemon says

Hi all,

I bought a couple of flyer mockups and I’m pretty happy with the quality bar one thing: they seem to have different dimensions! Especially the second one I bought is way taller than any US letter or A4 format. That means I really have to stretch my flyer designs to make them fit on the mockup, and it’s quite noticeable. (one of them explicitly states that its made for A4 – but it’s definitely not!)

I don’t want to Keep on buying mockups until I find one that fits – could anyone make any suggestions? Which ones are you using? (I always create both US letter and A4 versions of my flyers, so either is fine)

I don’t like the ones with hands, I prefer the ones where they lie on the floor with the little bend something…

I hope this thread is okay, but didn’t know where else else to ask!

Cheers

Chris

842 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
chrisatlemon says

Okay, here’s at least a partial solution. I’m not sure if this is common knowledge but maybe it helps someone with the same problem:

Basically the smart object where you paste your artwork in can also have transparent areas. So just don’t use the full height of the smart object, leave a top margin transparent, and it won’t show in the main render.

You may have to adjust the underlying shadows a little so they do not overflow.

That actually gives some decent results without the need for the smart object to have exactly A4 all US letter-size.

Cheers

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by