10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
shahafyakov says

First of all here is the design: http://srv2.jpg.co.il/10/516e296458f5a.jpg
So last time my design got soft rejection because that it was on the wrong section…
so i had to resubmit it..
now its rejected for other reasons:
Unfortunately the flyer design submitted here requires much more work and improvements.

You need to consider cleaning up the flyer style here.
Work more on making the typography legible.

The background style looks great but it does not cope well with the rest of the design.

The flyer needs to be cleaned up and organized some more.

first of all why is it even possible that once it will be rejected for wrong section and now for that?... :/
and if anyone can help me getting it improved in order to get it accepted it will be much appreciated..its so frustrating..

147 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • India
hawkmax says

Hi,
I hear you my friend. The first reject was not based on your design the reviewer probably didn’t even review the design other than pointing out it was in the wrong section (no harm done there).

Well coming to the part where you design is concerned Lets take one step at a time

Review:
Work more on making the typography legible.
The background style looks great but it does not cope well with the rest of the design.
The flyer needs to be cleaned up and organized some more.
Suggestion:
  1. Gold on Gold is not a solid idea bro. Try making the text something in dark brown which will give it more visibility over the ribbon.
  2. The text at the bottom with all the info also looks out of place. May be add a layer with black color set to opacity 10% to 15% with a layer mask which make the top design look the same but bottom a little darker.
  3. Reduce the square brushing behind the ribbon it looks kinda dirty and out of place.
  4. Light flare on the ribbon and probably one or two here and there.

It’s always a good idea to browse through some flyers to get inspiration about typography and placement of elements and photos.

I have seen you youtube videos and you seem to be so good with the photo manipulation why don’t bring it to play here.

Good Luck hope this helps.

by
by
by
by
by
by