• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Hi guys, this flyer got soft rejected. Got some good feedback from the reviewer – “It is looking much better yet still needs a bit of work in developing a bit more contrast between the text and the background. Work specifically on creating a hierarchy of elements highlighting the title more by making it stand out stronger perhaps. Think of ways to draw the eye of the viewer to what it is you are trying to convey.”

I kinda have some ideas, but if anyone has any tips that would be helpful. Just been struggling to get over the finish line with this design. Cheers! 8-)

139 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
Viral-Legacy says

Hi guys, this flyer got soft rejected. Got some good feedback from the reviewer – “It is looking much better yet still needs a bit of work in developing a bit more contrast between the text and the background. Work specifically on creating a hierarchy of elements highlighting the title more by making it stand out stronger perhaps. Think of ways to draw the eye of the viewer to what it is you are trying to convey.”

I kinda have some ideas, but if anyone has any tips that would be helpful. Just been struggling to get over the finish line with this design. Cheers! 8-)

I replied to the same message you had in another thread, but just in case, ill post here too. I am not expert or anything but my open suggestion would be to add a stroke to the text and perhaps change the text color of New At Nightclub to a brighter color or stand out color as that text seems to be important (I am assuming this bc the text is larger). The purple or blue text seems to hide all the other larger text as the colors seem to be so close. Does this make sense? Whatever text you think is important should be easy to find, read, and recognize upon first glance. I hope you get over the hump, best of luck.

75 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
UnknownDepths says

ToivoMedia,

I think one of the things you may be able to do quickly to make the “DJ STORM” and “DJ DOOM” pop out is go ying yang on them! If DJ DOOM was in red and DJ STORM was in blue they’d contrast the backgrounds they were on while also holding a consistency in overall color.

Another idea came to mind that might be much more time consuming, as it kind of adds more to/changes the flyer somewhat. You’ve got this “rumble in the concrete jungle” kind of theme going on. It looks like a fighting vs match design/setup. I see you’ve got crumbling brick walls; and this is where this little idea came to mind. You could give a go at placing each of the DJ names over a single brick respectively. Angling the bricks and the names to whatever works for the flyer’s design would make them stand out (and apparently fly out of the background), in a way that keeps things uniform. I think the design might look better with a typeface that’s less graffiti-like and more heavy and pronounced.

That’s what’s come to mind so far.

- Nun Kwon

3529 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Thanks for the feedback guys, plenty of good ideas there. Nun Kwon, funny you should say it could be better with a heavier font, since I started that way, but later changed to the graffiti fonts. I’m a lot happier with these fonts, so hoping not to change them again. But we’ll see. The yin yang colour switch is a good idea, I’m going to try that. I think I’ll get there in the end, it’s just a tricky layout. I now see why people use central justified layouts so much, they are easier!

I’ll post back here and let you know how it goes. :)

3529 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Well, I’ve been working on it, and here’s the redesign. I’m happy with it, and will upload it shortly. Hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky, and get approved after 2 soft rejects. Cheers! :) Notice how I flipped the design to improve the text layout! :D

783 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Amrhamza says

the British flag looked way much cooler

3529 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

the British flag looked way much cooler

Personally I think both look good, but the graffiti better fits the urban street art style.

783 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Amrhamza says

true but you are using fighter pictures

3529 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

true but you are using fighter pictures

That’s true, it’s better for the boxing theme. The other design is more a dj battle. Anyway, I’m including both in the previews. :)

3529 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Update submitted – 10 minutes later, it’s approved!!! :D8-)

by
by
by
by
by
by