4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
giallo-10 says

Hi, I have installed the flying news theme 4 months ago whit all the demo content. After I have modified the options theme and menu. Now I want to import and install again the demo sample data, but it seems impossible. Is there a way to do this? How I can do? thanks!

3712 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

You can just do exactly as you did before again. If you just want the demo data and not what you have added then you will need to remove an delete all pages, posts etc first. You will of course need to update the menu and home/blog pages too

4 posts
giallo-10 says

I don’t understand. I don’t want what I have added. How I remove and delete all pages, post etc? How I can to update the menu and home/blog pages? Can you explain me it step by step? I’m a newbie! Thank you very much!

3712 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

First make sure you have the XML data file and know where it is.

Login to your dashboard-got to “pages” select everything and in the drop down “bulk actions” hit “move to trash”. To be safe then click on your trash at the top end empty it.

Do the same in “comments” and in “posts”. If you want you can do the same with all the “media” files too. To save confusion you might want to go to “appearance” >> “menus” and delete ALL of these too.

Then just do as you did before “tools” >> “import” >> “WordPress” (plugin should already be installed if you did this before and if not install it) >> select the relevant XML file, assign your username and make sure you click the “download and import file attachments” box when importing the file.

Only thing to be aware of is this process assumes the demo data is imported via XML file and not from theme options?

Once this is complete go to your “general >> reading” settings and assign the right page to your home and blog pages. Then go to “appearance” >> “menus” and assign the menu that has been imported to the right location.

I would expect the theme documentation to have some help on importing the theme and setting it up so read that too.

The alternative option would be to create a fresh Wordpress installation and start over

4 posts
giallo-10 says

Ok, I’ll try to do what you suggest me! Thank you for now!

by
by
by
by
by
by